January 2020 Film Thread

This is now an Uncut Gems stan account

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/FinnSkata/status/1216819678770860033

how was he after that bit?!

I watched when the thing happens but the neighbours were sat down where I couldn’t see them. Feel like a psychopath saying this but I hope it devastated them as it seems to do most people!

3 Likes

I CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS FILM

2 Likes

anyone wanna see a really annoying take on Uncut Gems (disclaimer: i absolutely love Jamie Loftus but this irked me)

Maybe it’d be appropriate to start an Uncut Gems thread and shunt some of this chat in there

1 Like

It also annoyed me that he had his keypad tones on and she apparently couldn’t hear them

2 Likes

yeah that stood out for me!

I agree with the replies which state it’s an example of his luck going so well that day. It’s set up like it’s clear she’s with another guy whilst on the phone - the ‘oh you’re that close…I’ve got to go’ . I think saying ‘do the Safdi’s think this happens’ is a bit strange considering the film’s not the most realistic

10 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

Unpopular opinion, but I thought Knives Out was very, very meh. Daniel Craig’s overacting was the best thing in it, the rest was just a bit… dull? It was far, far FAR too long as well.

3 Likes

Ooh good call.

Really good choice. Feel sad that Lorde didn’t get a go last time out though.

1 Like

Finally got round to watching Burning, excellent
Marriage Story was great too, was expecting to be nonplussed but I was involved right up until the ending, which was a huge tonal shift to the rest of the film.

Just Pain & Glory to go, then I’ll feel up to date with awards season.

2 Likes

I thought Jojo Rabbit was fine, but ScarJo getting awards buzz for that performance is ludicrous.

1 Like

Yeah really weird considering she has Marriage Story (where she’s great and deserves the nominations) that they’ve gone all-in and gone nuts for a second role too which isn’t even that substantial.

2 Likes

Richard Jewell - A solid 7/10 Clint Eastwood workmanlike film about “everyday American hero”. I love solid 7/10 Clint Eastwood films about “everyday American hero” though. Really good performances across the board tbf (Kathy Bates getting an Oscar nod for it is a bit much though) and I was engaged fully throughout. Doesn’t exist, is good.