January 2020 Politics thread: Losing EU for good?

Won’t stop Starmer being painted as Stalin in the press by the summer though

1 Like

Starmlin.

TBF I’d love to be hashtagged to run for Labour Leader. :smiley:

I’m more confused about what Starmer’s supposedly ‘centrist’ characteristics are. I mean is it just the fact he had a grown up job once or something?

Starmzy

12 Likes

Can I shock you?

Brexit is still off.

Cheers.

5 Likes

This guy agrees (I wish I had your optimism)

1 Like

I’d like to be positive but at this point I don’t think it matters what the money behind the leave campaign wants :pensive:

Be interested to know what that tweet is getting at by - the Tory majority not being enough?

If the Tory majority doesn’t push for any-Brexit ASAP, they’ll risk letting down their new voters who want Brexit at any cost. I don’t think that’s a risk they’ll take. Especially when starting the withdrawal quickly increases their chances in the next election, so that it takes place long after any immediate Brexit damage.

1 Like

Though this posted weird because it’s embedded, but no the actual tweet ballsed up the meme. Nice one JP.

1 Like

Kind of curious as to what the money behind the leave campaigns expects aside from a dual departure from the single market and the customs union though presumably an end to LPF agreements and other regulatory alignments?

1 Like

I think this just reads like wild speculation.

If Boris builds in the cliff edge he wants (and he has the majority to do it and there’s no reason his side won’t vote for that) then there’s nothing that can be done, regardless of the majority.

Don’t get what you mean?

It might want another year or two of being able to place insider bets on the fluctuation of sterling

1 Like

Might be an ios thing then? Weird

Dunno. I don’t have the app on my android phone. On the mobile web version the text is shifted too far to the right but the 2020 is still fine.

Looking at the poll that puts Starmer ahead all I see is a list of people that folk may have heard of. It’s just brand recognition. Hence Jess Philips in third even though she wasn’t an option when the poll was conducted.

3 Likes

How is she in the list if she wasn’t in the poll?

She’s just that damn good

2 Likes

A write-in ?