January football 2020 - this means more

Game of the day, WBA - Leeds on at 17:30.

Both are already up so a bit of a dead rubber. Will be interesting to see who wins the league though I guess

2 Likes

Highly rated young forward, quick with great technique, coming through the youth ranks at his local club Sparta. Helped them win promotion last season and has done reasonably well in the Eredivisie, scoring 5 goals in 17 games. Has a reputation of being too selfish, sometimes ignoring team mates in a better position to score. Sparta were keen to keep him until the end of the season on a loan basis, but Brentford said no.

1 Like

What a goal!

Stupendously sexy

1 Like

1 - 1,

Excellent result for us

Truth!

Might not look like it a lot of the time, but I think this is the best the bottom half of the PL has been in a while. There’s no-one down there that looks completely without a hope (Norwich are the closest, and they are bloody good on their day) and the fact perennial drifters like Bournemouth, West Ham and Watford are right down in there speaks to it being more competitive than usual.

7 Likes

Burnley finally creeping down there too

Shhh don’t jinx it!!!

2 Likes

Ooft, they have a terrible run of fixtures coming up…

Fraud Lampard wheels off

I’ll take the back handed compliment thanks :wink:

only just realised that Bristol City v Brentford is on the red button on Sky - turned it on and Brentford scored within seconds. I’m claiming the assist there.

4 Likes

New year, I wonder how Spurs are getting on?

1-0 down and Ndombele off injured, lovely

Really annoying how shit alderweireld has been since his payrise and how much running eriksen has done when the shop window is coming into view

Footballers are such pricks aren’t they

Oh great Ndombele is injured

3 Likes

Jose fraudinho. Wheels off

1 Like

Newcastle could be in trouble still, couldn’t they?

Think they’re the worst team in terms of xG and expected points. None of their forwards have scored more than one goal and they’re committing a lot of defensive errors now.

Five wins would be enough for them but not totally sure they’d get them

The hills are alive with the sound of Pulis.