January Football Thread: Cups and Spurs Magic

Imagining him in some bistro wearing a striped shirt, a string of onions round his neck and a fake moustache. Like tin tin when he goes to France

3 Likes

why though? Squad isn’t that healthy a state, they could be lacking Champions League revenue, Abramovic doesn’t appear willing to match City/Man U for spending, and they appear to lack a decent strategist to target signings that really make a big difference.

Sarri and Kante on a long contract feel like the only signs of hope

A) Not especially B) Dunno what that’s got to do with my point

I’m just having you on.

I don’t think Chelsea and Arsenal will fall behind Liverpool and spurs, long term though.

The longer they’re out of the Champions League, the harder it will be to catch up. Although I suppose let’s see what happens without Kane and Son for the next few weeks.

Most successful team of the last 15 years, proven formula, second biggest global fanbase/brand in the league after United, wealthy owner who can match/better all but City and United, uncanny knack to be there on years when no one else shows up. They’ll be fine.

Spurs will be shite when Poch leaves. Liverpool’s immediate success will depend on this season I reckon, otherwise they’ll be second to City for a couple of years, then disappear.

2 Likes

Eh, I think it’s a bit of a knee jerk reaction to a couple of seasons of mediocre form. Liverpool and Chelsea in particular seem to be able to attract top talent regardless of whether they’re in the champions league or not and I doubt that’s going to change soon.

1 Like

Chelsea. As many league titles as United, more cups, equal CLs.

Supposedly the fourth biggest fanbase after Real, Barcelona and United

Genuinely don’t think Sarri will be there at the start of next season.

Whether he should be is another debate.

2 Likes

Are you saying boo or giroud

2 Likes

The fanbase thing is always a load of bollocks. United claimed that one in six people in the world support them the other week.

Really glad the first reply is horse-with-a-ball

4 Likes

Anecdotally, in Africa, Asia and North America, I’ve only met more Real and United fans than Chelsea fans. They were the best team in the biggest league during its global expansion. They’re a big deal, even while being a soulless husk

1 Like

Chelsea are famously England’s second club, mate.

Really gutted City missed out on Jorginho

Yet another offside. Linesman’s a gooner

Handball too.

Crikey

After Leeds, obviously.

3 Likes

After Leeds, aye