Japanese Breakfast / Michelle Zauner - New LP 'Jubilee' 4th June 2021

Don’t think there is a dedicated thread so thought I’d start one.

Love the What’s In My Bag series, and Michelle is cool AF here of course. Really looking forward to some new material, especially if it sounds like Pretty Hate Machine meets Homogenic!

Also this was a nice read which made me hungry and melancholic:

2 Likes

She smashed it at Stereo a couple of months ago.

Soft Sounds is :ok_hand:

She’s quality, I love her.

Absolutely HAVING this!

1 Like

A friend lent me her previous band’s (Little Big League) album Tropical Jinx, which is really great, if entirely different to Japanese Breakfast.

1 Like

couldn’t get used to the original version of ‘Boyish’ on that Little Big League album, though I did enjoy it when I last listened to the album on Bandcamp.

Love J Brekkie, need to read and watch those links in the OP. I think I’ve mentioned before having seen her twice at the same venue, and it was really nice seeing - within the space of about a year and a half - the very small numbers at the first show become the pretty much sold out second show

Her Instagram stories are amazing. She’s the best

I liked too much music released in 2017 so the album passed me by but listened to it after seeing that WIMB and it’s ace init.

New track:

And another one:

John Lewising one of the all time greats there

1 Like

Signed exclusive version of new album:

https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/Signed/Jubilee-Signed-Exclusive-Clear-Yellow-Swirl-Vinyl/6W5N0E7I000

5 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

Ignore me, thought those songs from 2019 were on the new album!

Big fan. Yay

Norman and presumably other indies are doing a different swirl version but also signed. Avoids big shipping costs from the U.S.

Recordstore is a UK shop and this colour is exclusive to them.

1 Like

Ah sorry. I was looking at her Bandcamp.

1 Like

Clear with yellow swirl versions are also available, probably unsigned, on bandcamp and Rough Trade and Banquet etc. They also have a signed clear and turquiose which is signed and comes with a print, which is apparently the indie version. bit confusing.

Yeah the modern variant game is a pain in the hole.

Edit: Ah, she’s signed to Dead Oceans. It all makes sense now.
They are the absolute fucking worst for this. Expect at least 4 more variants, minimum.

2 Likes

Gonna buy LPs of both of the first two this month.

1 Like