Jeff Buckley posthumous releases

I liked the Smiths covers (‘The Boy With The Thorn In His Side’ & ‘I Know It’s Over’) from ‘You & I’ as i had never heard him just strum an acoustic guitar before.

1 Like

Dead excited about having his one studio album and demos/live shows reissued ad naseum.

1 Like

25 years since ‘Grace’ was released, so i wouldn’t put it past them to re-re-release it this year.

Remember when they released the deluxe version and tacked Forget Her onto the end of it? The 2cd one had Forget Her as the first track on the second disc.
Surprised there’s not a reissue of Grace for RSD if that’s the case to be honest. But aye there’ll be a Grace box set later this year then.
And other 25ths too: Definitely Maybe, Parklife etc

Everything up to and including the Grace legacy edition is pretty great. Absolutely rinsed Sketches when I was in secondary school. Opened Once is one of the most gorgeous songs ever put to tape.

1 Like

Yeah, if you were buying the single disc version now it would have ‘Forget Her’ tacked on the end…just wrong.

Fuck sake!

The version I have has it on. Thought it was part of the album

1 Like

I think it was removed from the album pretty late in the day because Buckley decided he didn’t like it. I think the record company were keen on it though.

They replaced it with So Real I think. Having it on the end now just feels wrong, especially seeing as Dream Brother with its final lines is so haunting as a closing track

It’s not an official release, but there is a recording of the whole show circulating.

2 Likes

I know this is about the releases after his death but, how fucking good is Dream Brother!

3 Likes

Just found this - audio is better on the Olympia CD, but amazing to actually see it all the same.

Fucking love Jeff Buckley

excellent thanks!

Bloody hell, at least ‘Rudolf’ scans, eh @ma0sm ?

It seems like Buckley’s had more than Tupac, which scarcely seems credible but maybe Tupac’s had more original albums released. I’m surprised anniversary versions sell much in these days of Spotify TBH.

1 Like

Holy shit, this! To me it’s always been the final track!

There’s a new release for RSD19 too, although details are a bit vague.
Looks like another recording session that they’ve dug up?
https://recordstoreday.co.uk/releases/rsd-2019/jeff-buckley/

There was also an extended version of You & I quietly released, with more of the chat from between takes. Odd.

This ‘In Transition’ album sounds suspiciously like stuff from the same sessions as ‘You & I’ that really should have been included with that album.

From the RSD blurb:

“as well as unique interpretations of other people’ s songs”

WHAT!? Jeff Buckley playing other peoples songs? Cover versions?
Well I never!