Anyone remember/like this band?

5 Likes

This is a total rip off of the just a day vid but I still like it

4 Likes

DO I???

Fucking love them.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR OPPOSITE SEXXXXX

6 Likes

I certainly do. Wish they’d play live more but also respect their reason for not doing so

REACTIONARY

What is that reason, if you can share?

Got well excited for a second then.

2 Likes

Got Zero for Conduct on and my word am I transported back to being 15

1 Like

Oh as far as I remember they just they were more focussed on family life.

1 Like

Fair. I only just realised they were from Ireland. Weird how I could have liked them so much back then and not known where they were from. I suppose random googling wasn’t a thing then.

READY INTENSE

Can’t you tell from the vocals? Did you think they were Jamaican?

1 Like

He sings in a pretty broad American accent on most of their stuff. Used to get loads of criticism on here for it BITD.

1 Like

Around the time of Zero for Conduct me and a friend started a website about music on the Isle of Wight (where we lived) called Tiny Bombs. It was a small success.

I first saw Jetplane Landing on my 17th birthday. Ferris bought me a pint. After that we asked them to play on the IoW a couple of times, which they did! But one of the dates was when we were in a school trip to Berlin, so we couldn’t go. Our parents secretly went and filmed the entire thing for us, they’d been in secret communication with the band to organise it.

18 Likes

That’s lovely :smiley:

That’s so lovely.

I thought they were English putting on American accents

Those ludicrous 30-50 date tours they did in 2003/4 we’re so much fun. Saw them three times in five days once. Remember by then-gf and I being at a loss for something to do one Saturday so just getting the oxford tube to go see them, even though we already had plans to see them the following day in Kingston.

2 Likes

Don’t Try was fucking amazing wasn’t it.

HEY MAGGOTS GET OFF MY TURF I WROTE SHIT LIKE THIS FUCKIN YEARS AGO

5 Likes

The thing that made me love them was that they put Courage/Danger out as a single that included B-sides, a radio session and a whole live album, 23 tracks in all for a fiver, profits going to the Red Cross. Heroes

6 Likes

Awesome band, found out about them a bit too late to really catch them many times. To go from Once like a spark, a full on rock album to Backlash Cop, a jazzy/rocky album is amazing to me.

Fighting with Wire afterwards were awesome as well. First saw them on a tour supporting Seafood and they were better than them that night