Jewel Case vs. Digipak

I love these book sized ones but obvs don’t fit properly in CD racks so you need a separate section somewhere for them. Would be totally on board with this being an option for every release if they were at a good price point

2 Likes

It would have been good if CDs came in DVD style cases, a more forgiving chunkier thing. Everything slots in better, you can read the edge better, smoother, less breakages.

Early Beck lyrics needed more work etc.

1 Like

I’m fine with both. Very few jewel cases I ever had that were broken and not sure I ever had a digipak break.

My favourite case was Graham Coxon’s first album where there was a sort of foam splodge in the centre of the cardboard and the CD fitted on.

Card packaging looks so much nicer and I’d always prefer it, I like the recent trend for card gatefolds.

Way back when I bought a copy of Black Market Music by Placebo in a Burgopak, the only time I’ve ever seen one, that was exciting.

I’m very pro the mid 90s, multipanel digipak limited edition versions of albums that had extra songs, even though those extra songs were often to the detriment of your enjoyment of the CD as a whole.

2 Likes