Jimmy Eat World - "Integrity Blues"

New album due out at the end of October, which is good. The two singles are fine - “Sure and Certain” is pretty good, sounds a bit like Clarity-era Jimmy Eat World I think, but maybe that’s not true.

I really liked Futures, didn’t like Chase This Light, Invented was an album that I liked listening to but never returned to, and Damages if I remember rightly was pretty good.

I’m looking forward to giving it a spin. The singles seemed ok on first listen. I’ve got tickets to see them when they tour later in the year, although would rather have seen them last week, had I been in the country.

We’ve got a big ol’ interview with them coming up on DIS.

Fair to say that Andrew who did it was quite excited:

Not listened to Jimmy Eat World in ages (since hearing Futures and thinking nah) for some reason decided to give the latest one a spin. Reckon it’s pretty damn good, reminds me why I liked them in the first place.

So what’s the best of Jimmy Eat World’s stuff between this one & Bleed American?

I absolutely love Futures, and Invented and Damages are okay, but avoid Chase the Light is saccharine nonsense.

I’m pretty much in the same boat, although i did give each of the intervening albums a cursory listen. from what I’ve seen though, the consensus seems to be that this is the best since Futures.

For what it’s worth, I agree, it is really good. I’m off to see them in a few weeks, although I don’t expect to hear much more than the songs they released before album was out.