Jobs you could easily do

Unless your talking about fast military jets, I reckon flying a plane is a piece of piss.

Had half a dozen flying lessons when I was younger (until it turned out it was gonna be far too expensive) and it is pretty straightforward stuff - and that was in a poxy Cessna where you have to trim it and play about with the fuel mixture and all that stuff yourself.

Once you’ve programmed yer computer in yer modern airliner, jobs a good’un.

we have our first irkage!

No irkage here pal

I knew it.

Hitman
Cave a cunts head in, possibly from a distance, what’s not to love?

3 Likes

Restaurant reviewer. Eat some food, write some stuff. Easy money.

2 Likes

On that topic: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/09/12/pete-wells-the-new-york-times-restaurant-critic

Conduct an orchestra

Air Traffic Controller. Just chatting with pilots. No problem.

we covered it here already. most people agreed.

reckon i’d be fine with sitting on my arse doing spreadsheet stuff

stuff i’ve done before: librarian’s assistant, bar work, event ushering/front of house, just sitting on a desk at reception

the only thing is that actual stress, repetitive tasks and anything remotely physically demanding is really bad for my general health and about 1/3 of my days i can’t even walk. also most jobs you can’t spend 50% of your time trying to find a way to sit that doesn’t make you want to cry/stretching.

Brain surgery, it’s hardly rocket science!

oh yeah teaching assistant. i’m trained up to teach by myself but not really comfortable with the idea. also, used to do workshops with kids in museums and it was daunting but kids universally seem to fucking love me.

I’ve actually had a go at this, on a proper simulator. It’s mindbendingly hard, and also quite hilarious how terrible a complete novice is. Controlling about three aircraft in total the instructor had to point out to me that two of them had been on a collision course for about five minutes, on account of one of them not doing what I’d told them to do.