Jobs you think might look bearable (polls)

Alienation of labour and the horrors of dialectic materialism aside which jobs do you look at from afar and think, yeah I’d have a glance at that for a dime or two

Hot dog cart (vegan if required)

• Yeah I’d have a bang on that
  • Not a chance pal

0 voters

Dentistry

• Steady job, clean office, sign me up
  • Other people’s mouths, sign me up not

0 voters

Zookeeper

• omg animals
  • It’s really just minimum wage manual labour that mostly involves handling shit, raw meat, and shit

0 voters

in the summer, yeah, why not. fuck doing that in the winter tho. worked on a market stall for a bit years ago over winter and it was terrible.

2 Likes

anything that involves dealing with the public directly is an instant no

3 Likes

Groundsman

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Bouncer

• I know my judo well
  • Coked up arseholes trying to kill you, no

0 voters

might do it, but only to undermine the whole system and let everyone in/not intervene in fights etc.

3 Likes

free entry to all.

2 Likes

Think it depends on where you bounce. The Watershed cinema in Bristol has a bouncer to keep the stag dos out, seems like the easiest job in the world. Lovely guy, always says good evening and holds the door open.

Pilot

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Working in an office, dodging approx 50% of your duties to post on DiS

• Good way to pass the time
  • Sounds pretty unfulfilling and the gateway to unhappiness

0 voters

Flight crew/pilot

• So glamorous. Where will we go next. Another martini please
  • Don’t want to wear a plastic uniform and spend my working day trapped in a flying metal box full of stag do’s

0 voters

Scaffolder

• Why not
  • Why

0 voters

Warehouse worker

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

not sure i could up my productivity that much

2 Likes

Not sure that really works sorry because then I’d be using coked as a noun rather than an adjective so I can’t let it in, being a bouncer of language.

18-30s holiday rep

• Y
  • N

0 voters

Farmer

• Yeah, love the outdoors and early starts and cute animals
  • Shovelling shite at four in the morning, cold, wet, back breaking and depressing

0 voters

Have one mate who worked for Amazon and was incredibly defensive about how their employment practises suited people “who actually worked” :roll_eyes:
Works in the steel works now, wonder how that belief in corporate loyalty is doing.