John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners Christmas advert 2019

a) christmas puddings are not shit
2) HE DIDN’T MEAN IT & WAS TRYING TO SHOW HE WAS SORRY

4 Likes

This is going to be your TLJ thread.

Let me guess are John Lewis selling stuffed dragons this year? :thinking:it’s just cynical capitalism!

p.s Christmas pudding is the worst of puddings. It gives pudding a bad name.

The penguin one was OK. The old man on the moon was disturbing.

I don’t really get this one. Did they work backwards from ‘something to do with setting a pudding on fire’?

2 Likes

Shed no tears over this. That dragon would kill you and everyone you love in a heartbeat.

8 Likes

Basically a remix of Frozen, isn’t it? The whole can’t control their powers thing.

1 Like

no, frozen was ICE. the dragon does fire

1 Like

On a separate note (and maybe covered elsewhere): is that actual Robbie Williams in the new Aldi advert?

2 Likes

Fucking hate the gushing over OOH A NEW JOHN LEWIS ADVERT HOW CHRISTMASSY.

LET’S GO AND SEE THE COCA COLA TRUCK!!!111

Fuck off.

11 Likes

^ a thousand times this.

2 Likes

It’s actually really beautiful. Love the piano cover on this ad more than the original song

1 Like

Suet may be worse but otherwise correct opinion

1 Like

Christmas pudding is great because all the losers fill themselves up with it and leave me with less competition for the cheeseboard

3 Likes

If Christmas isn’t about advertising and carbonated soft drinks then what is it about?

3 Likes

This. Pay no heed. All they care about is gold and fucking shit up with fire

1 Like

See I was going to post some gifs or whatnot of the GoT Kings Landing/Danerys massacre but it’s 11am and there’s probably several edited vids on Twitter by now so cannot be bothered

1 Like

yeah, sounds like it, as it has his “let meeeeuuuu entertain you” inflection

It’s a spot-on impersonator if not.

confirmed https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/robbie-williams-singing-carrot-aldis-christmas-ad/1664880

1 Like

Great URLs of our time

5 Likes