John Squire - Not Dead!

I thought this John Squire interview in The Guardian might be interesting because no member of the Stone Roses has spoken to the media for years…however, he says he has made a pact with Ian Brown not to speak about the relationships within the band. It is all very secretive isn’t it?

He should reform The Seahorses (I’m being serious).

3aosh0

5 Likes

“Can we talk about the Stone Ro…”
“No”
“Not even a bit”
“No sorry”
“(sigh) Ok, so this art you’ve done…”

5 Likes

‘Of course, we’ve seen your art on the covers you did for… er…’

2 Likes

All the while there was the promise of a third album, with expectations heightened upon the release of two singles, “All for One” and “Beautiful Thing”,

Not sure heightened is the right word there?

4 Likes

Shite-ened more like

9 Likes

All for One was bloody awful, Beautiful Thing wasn’t bad.

1 Like

Actually don’t think I’ve heard it.

1 Like

Just listened to Beautiful Thing again probably since the 1st time it was released. I think it was better at the time because I thought All For One was just such a rubbish song.

2 Likes

Watched the Shane Meadows film again recently. Maaan, Stone Roses fans are embarrassing…

just had a listen for the first time

sounds like something they might have had knocking about 20 years ago that wasn’t good enough to release at the time / 10

Never understood the huge appeal of the Stone Roses - I just genuinely don’t think they’ve got any good tunes, and Ian Brown was/is a shit singer. I can completely understand why the same sort of fan base likes Oasis.

Especially the guy who says something like…“they are the reason i still wear my hair like this and they are the reason i’ve never worn a tie”. Embarrassing.

Wonder if they made enough dough from a couple of years of festivals and stadium shows to live happily ever after? Fair play to them if they did I guess.

1 Like

I think they all did very well out of it. I’m surprised that, after the 1995 cancellation, they didn’t do Glastonbury during the reunion years.

I saw em at Heaton Park in 2012 worse crowd I have been in.

wikipedia tells me they did 50(?!) shows on that reunion tour, the glasgow green gig in 2013 was £55 a ticket so they must’ve done pretty well out of that tour

Bet they made a shitload out of merch (and reissues) too