Joke's International Gladiators Thread

We all remember Wolf

and Hunter

and Jet

but who are the best Gladiators from the international versions of the show? Let’s find out.

3 Likes

This is a very promising premise

3 Likes

Enjoyed this

US:

It’s FLASH!

Flash has a winning smile. Selected for his speed and agility, he was known to scale The Wall faster than Spider-Man!

These days Flash is a yoga teacher.

How do you rate Flash? Do you want to see more of him? How likely are you to recommend him to friends and colleagues?

0 voters

is it just me or does Flash have a bit of @the_ravens about him?

I think he looks like he’s bald but in actual fact he’s got that hair

3 Likes

Looks like he sings Extreme songs whilst doing Xtreme sports

2 Likes

bit of a gregg wallace grin

1 Like

This is a fair point

I introduce… ZEN

Zen brings his own lethal combination of ancient eastern tradition and 21st century battle technique to Gladiator Arena. Born to create chaos, this mysterious warrior uses superhuman speed and high-flying skills to dispatch anyone unlucky enough to cross his path before they even realise they’re in danger, and the slips back into the shadows like a ghost to wait for his next victim

Zen was born in Cambodia, living a peaceful life until the day rebels arrived and attacked his village. Zen and his family fled towards Thailand, as refugees and without his older brother, they eventually arrived in America.

Would you like to spend the day with Zen?

0 voters

fucking hell that bio

2 Likes

He looks very, very cool but unfortunately the framing of the question “would you like to spend the day with him?” has forced me into a low vote.

6 Likes

it’s all a bit Unreal Tournament '99

3 Likes

The phenomenon from phnom penh

3 Likes

I feel like 7 is as high as I’m comfortable picking with everything that’s going on here

2 Likes

Hey everyone, it’s Storm!

Storm has such a friendly face I just had to pick her for this thread. Storm would often do a quick rap before battling. The lyrics are thus:

My name is Storm. You see,
I’m too hot to trot, too sweet to be sour.
So push over contenders 'cause this is my hour.
My muscle physique shouldn’t get you fooled.
I’m too much of a sweetheart, I could never be cruel.
But don’t be fooled by what I say,
the last contenders who beat me will never be the same way.

Sadly, Storm’s bio is a sad one:

In 2008 life took a sad turn for Storm, after fleeing a domestic violence situation South Carolina, Storm and her young son Clayton found themselves homeless on the streets of San Diego for more than two and a half years. They lived out of their car for a few days until she finally decided to check into a homeless shelter. She moved from shelter to shelter until finding herself in St. Vincent de Paul in Downtown San Diego. Unable to find work due to the knee injury she suffered during her time on American Gladiators. She had no family able to help her. “My parents died within months of each other,” she said. “They were lottery winners but lost all that money because when they moved from Connecticut to South Carolina, they were double-taxed.”

Storm met Sean Sheppard, the CEO of Embrace, an organisation that works to get people from all walks of life, but especially college students, to help the less fortunate, when he was handing out food to the homeless. He instantly recognised her, as he was a big fan of American Gladiators, and wanted to help Storm and her son. Three days after meeting Storm, Sean randomly met the sister of another American Gladiator, Laser (Jim Starr), who rallied his team of past American Gladiator cast mates, Malibu (Deron McBee), Dallas (Shannon Hall), Viper (Scott Berlinger), Zap (Raye Hollitt) and American Gladiator Creator and Executive Producer Johnny Ferraro, to support one of their own and get her and her son back on their feet.

Moved by her story other celebrities and members of the public stepped forward to help. Sherri Shepherd of ABC’s talk show ‘The View’, paid for Storm and her son to have an apartment for 6 months to help get them on their feet. Dr. Dan Kalbac, US Men’s National Soccer Team Doctor located in Miami, Florida, offered to perform knee replacement surgery on Storm to get her mobile and able to work again, while a local gentleman named Mr. Engelhardt offered to pay for her round-trip ticket to Miami to have the surgery.

“Homelessness does not have any prejudice… you can end up in the same situation, it doesn’t matter.” Storm, Debbie Clark.

Moving forward, Storm would like to be a spokesperson to help raise money in support of Embrace’s efforts to serve the homeless. She intends to work with women, like herself, that have survived domestic violence and/or homelessness.

Would you like to have a chat with Storm?

0 voters

It’s THUNDER!

Hoss?

0 voters

I want this to be a light-hearted, fun thread and I hope that no one else has a sad story to tell.

1 Like

oh no that’s so sad!

never seen Die Hard but I agree