Jokes workshop

I don’t get the connection between the clowns and the silver lining.

This is why it’s in the workshop. Like, every cloud has a silver lining, but somethign about cutting into a clown and it being all shiny… I don’t fucking know

Ahm oot

5 Likes

In the book IT Pennywise is often referenced as having a silver outfit, IIRC.

Maybe you could go for something a bit wider, e.g.

“I’ve been talking to my psychiatrist about my life-limiting fear of circuses, and I feel much better as long as I remember that every clown has a silver lining.”

“Satin?”

“No, never go in due to fear, I told you!”

I’ve been reading Scout’s thread

And trying to work out if there’s a Test-Icicles / Rest(in peace)-Ricicles joke to make but it’s not really happening.

1 Like

Did you hear about the hitman who only killed circus workers? His motto was, ‘Every clown has a silver lining’

How about that

1 Like

Something about Scooby Doo?

I think this clown debacle is too big a task for even the jokes workshop

2 Likes

If even you won’t persist then I guess it’s a fully lost cause

1 Like

How’s about:

My friend was telling me the other day that he has acute coulrophobia stemming from the fact that he believes all clowns are robots on the inside.

I said to him, “You shouldn’t worry about it. Every clown has a silver lining.”

Maybe every clown GETS a silver lining, rather than has. That way it sounds like the hitman is lining them with silver, although it would still make more sense with a lead lining

But the silver lining makes them like currency - inside every clown is money. Clowns. Money.

But surely learning that all clowns are lined with precious metal only heightens his suspicion that clowns are robots

Exactly! That’s what elevates the joke into the realms of genius.

Hmm

What about if he’s scared because he thinks clowns are secretly werewolves? If he then learned that they were encased in a silver lining then he could sleep safe.

This is great

2 Likes

Did you hear about the Rainbow presenter whose side-job as a children’s entertainer was mistaken for removing precious metal from the earth?

Geoffrey clowns, not a silver mining!

3 Likes

What did the record producer say when asked why only one of the Everly brothers had shown up for rehearsal that day, the day being when famous pop rock heroes nirvana were in town autographing to promote their new single?

“That Everly clown’s at the Sliver signing”

2 Likes

Ok this has gone weird. I was trying to make a joke about the inside of clowns, everyone

2 Likes