Jokes workshop

Tried the following out on a colleague. She said “what is wrong with you?”

Did you hear about the cafe where they charge you more for a cup of tea the longer you leave the tea bag in?

Sounds a bit steep.

What did the Hollywood actress’s husband say when she asked him how he wanted the asparagus cooking?
Kate Blanchett

They’re going to do a British remake of ConAir. It’s called JetLag

This has Dave’s Joke of the Fringe written all over it

I’ve been talking to my psychiatrist about my life-limiting fear of circuses, and I feel much better as long as I remember that every clown has a silver lining.

I don’t get the connection between the clowns and the silver lining.

This is why it’s in the workshop. Like, every cloud has a silver lining, but somethign about cutting into a clown and it being all shiny… I don’t fucking know

Ahm oot

In the book IT Pennywise is often referenced as having a silver outfit, IIRC.

Maybe you could go for something a bit wider, e.g.

“I’ve been talking to my psychiatrist about my life-limiting fear of circuses, and I feel much better as long as I remember that every clown has a silver lining.”

“Satin?”

“No, never go in due to fear, I told you!”

I’ve been reading Scout’s thread

And trying to work out if there’s a Test-Icicles / Rest(in peace)-Ricicles joke to make but it’s not really happening.

Did you hear about the hitman who only killed circus workers? His motto was, ‘Every clown has a silver lining’

How about that

Something about Scooby Doo?

I think this clown debacle is too big a task for even the jokes workshop

If even you won’t persist then I guess it’s a fully lost cause

How’s about:

My friend was telling me the other day that he has acute coulrophobia stemming from the fact that he believes all clowns are robots on the inside.

I said to him, “You shouldn’t worry about it. Every clown has a silver lining.”

Maybe every clown GETS a silver lining, rather than has. That way it sounds like the hitman is lining them with silver, although it would still make more sense with a lead lining

But the silver lining makes them like currency - inside every clown is money. Clowns. Money.

But surely learning that all clowns are lined with precious metal only heightens his suspicion that clowns are robots

Exactly! That’s what elevates the joke into the realms of genius.