Jon Hopkins

Think this is my favourite mix of his - again, on good headphones sounds mind blowing!

2 Likes

holy shit this is good

13 Likes

Only 2 months till release :smiley:

IMG_0729

5 Likes

so i paid for the preorder and got a download of the edit and of the full track - the video uses the shorter edit (3.23 vs 5.36)

2 Likes

This is the cover apparently:

This has immediately gone to the top of my anticipation list…especially since that track (and video!) is great. Was a tiny bit worried following the trailer…this is much more like it.

5 Likes

This is fuckin fantastic, both the track and the video.

Previous Jon Hopins stuff hasn’t done much for me but I think I’ll go back and give it another try.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Nice. Going to catch him at Latitude, but will prolly also go to that Brixton Academy date :+1:

1 Like

The extended version is also on Spotify. And better.

1 Like

Fuck me, that track is unreal.

2 Likes

When the bass enters one final time around 4.30 sec. Seismic.

2 Likes

anywhere i can hear the full version of the track instead of the edit?

I had never heard of Jon Hopkins till a bunch of Dissers were banging in about how good immunity was about 5 years back.
So checked it out and reckon it’s one of the records of the decade so far, absolutely brilliant t.
And he’s playing the warehouse later in the year, yaasss!

9 Likes

Spotify.

indeed you’re right. for some reason i checked before posting that and i didn’t see it. thanks!

1 Like

Right. Might have to exercise some self-control and stop listening to this constantly. Want it to still feel fresh for the album.

Gonna be tough.

1 Like

He’s basically Moby

2 Likes

explain yourself

There’s definitely this argument to be made. Though it’s more similar in practice to what boarder community nailed well over a decade ago.

Fwiw I still like it.

2 Likes