Jon Hopkins

Kelly Lee Owens DJing at this also :+1:

tl;dr: Nothing new, still plays it safe, but still pretty fucking amazing.

1 Like

pretty much, aye

1 Like

First half of this album is an absolute thumper. My headphones didn’t know how to cope!

2 Likes

This is exactly the sort of thing I want to read before it comes out

1 Like

I’m going to listen to his new album today. I hope it’s good.

2 Likes

hi @deep-blue! are you excited for new CHVRCHES?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Is it me or they lost the plot? BTW, hi.

1 Like

I mean I can’t really be objective about them, but yes, it certainly seems that way. New York changed them maaaaan

Apparently they got rid of their work with Dave Stewart and picked Greg Kurstin instead…

For that extra push, the band tried out working with a few producers including, brilliantly, Dave Stewart of Eurythmics, who Cook calls “a huge inspiration”. The songs worked on with Stewart didn’t ultimately make it on to ‘Love Is Dead’, but the meeting sparked a new energy, and Stewart is thanked in the album’s sleevenotes. “The creativity that he ignited in us just felt fucking amazing,” says Doherty. “He taught us how to look beyond just the basics of making a record again. You know, when people talk about being in the presence of genius, of people who just think in a completely unique way? He’s one of them… a producer in the old mode. Man manager, motivator, idea-inspirer.”

I still like this band, though. Let’s go back on topic.

1 Like

I’m listening to some AC/DC and after that I’ll check out Singularity. :sunglasses:

here are my words more or less saying the same thing

2 Likes

Ultimately, Singularity will shape your summer of 2018 the same way Immunity did of 2013, and all power to it.

YOU’RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!!! :rage: :rage: :rage:

2 Likes

I think you’ll find I am, DiS plebiscite

I think the Singularity is describing the moment where Open Eyed Signal stretches out for half an album.
Still, it’s good stuff, just very much more of the same.

1 Like

In fairness, you did make me pay a rare visit to the main site so well played there…

1 Like

sounds fine to me

1 Like

Hmm, you say Singularity will be the sound of the summer. I’m not sure if you’re aware, but Get Lucky by Daft Punk is still available to download.

10 Likes

It was worth the wait and anticipation. Yeah, it has a familiarity, but is frequently stunning. Who knows if it will have the longevity of Immunity, but I’d recommend to stick the headphones on, sit back and enjoy.

4 Likes

Read this in Smashie & Nicey’s voice, then this started playing in my head