Josie and the Pussycats vs School of Rock?

These are obviously the two best films about life in a band.

Which is best? I know; almost impossible to decide, but I implore you to do exactly that!

Which is best?

• Josie and the Pussycats
  • School of Rock
  • Some other film what Mojo probably likes

0 voters

Almost Famous!

(Is it a Mojo film? ii dunno, loved it as a pecker though and reckon i would now)

2 Likes

School of Rock has the nostalgia factor for me, plus Joan Cusack - but Josie was excellent when I watched finally over lockdown, and all the sniffy negative reviews at the time look so misguided/sexist now!

1 Like

Josie works on so many levels. Just an awesome film.

My boy read a scathing review of it to me yesterday where the reviewer was smugly pointing out the irony of the product placement, given the plot thread about product placement.

Yeesh.

School of Rock has Jack Black in it so Josie wins by default

2 Likes

Uncle Peckerhead is the most accurate film about DIY touring but I still voted for Josie And The Pussycats on account of it being one of the greatest movies ever made.

1 Like

Josie has the best song so wins by default

2 Likes

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Anvil

1 Like

This Is Spinal Tap and it’s not even close.

4 Likes

This is obviously the correct answer.

A film called Bandslam is worth checking out too. A high school band of misfits. A very good cute feel good band comedy.

P.S. I havent seen Josie and the Pussycats yet.

1 Like

Had no idea there was a film of Josie & The Pussycats but from a quick Google I now really want to watch it

2 Likes

Yeah, the cast looks great.

It is properly, genuinely AMAZING. 10/10

2 Likes

Bandslam is a genuinely underrated film

1 Like

This surprises me! I think it’d be up your street (because I think you’re an individual of excellent taste)

1 Like

You are so right!

1 Like