Journalist twitter beg

if i had a blue tick id get on twitter right now and call you a dickhead. god id fucking love a blue tick

4 Likes

I looked into it but stopped for some reason, I thought that they probably wouldnā€™t believe that I was an official account.

She seems to be a bit more chilled out these days.

Still too ā€œME ME ME ME MEā€ for my liking mind.

2 Likes

Are you confusing her with Alex James?

2 Likes

Niche

And yet it works on multiple levels.

Pretty much this, I remember her being a proper firebrand a few years back. Just seems like sheā€™s much closer to mainstream left/center left politics at the moment.

Heh, yeah.

All of these people are the centre-left of the future. Yā€™know like how David Aaronovitch, Christopher Hitchens all of them lads used to be full on Marxists etc. This is the order of things.

This must have been years ago but yeah pretty much sums up what Iā€™m saying.

Somewhat off topic, but it always irks me that people who write columns and think pieces get called journalists. I know itā€™s been the case for years, but I still donā€™t like it.

4 Likes

Long-read DiSers tbh

3 Likes

What do you think they should be called? I write for a magazine, but have done nothing even close to journalistic ever. I struggled when they asked for my occupation at the Doctors the other day. Writer seems a bit grandiose. In the end, I settled for professional wit.

2 Likes

I accept thereā€™s not really an easy way round it. My brain just sees ā€œjournalistā€ and thinks of reporters though. I guess itā€™s my problem.

Commentators

Or Columnists

I literally quit twitter after they kept tweeting a pic of them all on a plane to America. True story.

Iā€™ve not read much of Sam Kriss but he likes my novelty Fall lyrics twitter account

donā€™t give money to beggars.