Joy Zipper

Any fans around these parts ? will they ever record another album ? it’s been 14 years since the Heartlight Set. Doesn’t look promising does it…

Oddly enough had “if I’m right” in my head the other day. Great band

American Whip is fantastic

9 Likes

Really like American Whip

5 Likes

They seem to have an active FB page. Posting stuff occasionally.

also used to think the singer looked like Sunny but I’m not sure now looking back

2 Likes

Apparently they decided to call it a day after they found out mildly popular music ‘review’ website Drown In Sounds were mean to them…

Hey ! they have been recording, as The Tindales !! and it’s good…

Great band, massively underrated .

Oh man, and here was I thinking they were back (in pog form or otherwise). This is a rare and gorgeous post-Heartlight Set song they’ve put on youtube:

1 Like

See my post above about their newish band !

1 Like

I’d heard this track, but didn’t realise there was an entire EP to buy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ma fave. Often find myself singing “I’m getting tired of life”

1 Like

Messaged them the other day. A few years back they had finished an album (and said they would send me a copy) but then got cold feet. Apparently working on a series of mixtapes of old and new stuff (?!!?!?). Really nice guys. And yes, American Whip is fantastic and needs a vinyl reissue

2 Likes

I think For Lenny’s Own Pleasure was on every mix CD I made between 2005 and 2008/9

I loved it so much that I probably didn’t listen to the rest of their stuff enough tbh.

1 Like

33x has just the best melody.

https://g.co/kgs/5KNNkD

Loved that David Holmes mix (and was the first place I heard them too) :grinning:

For year after year I looked earnestly if they were doing more stuff.

Besides all the gorgeous stuff mentioned above, their covers of Wave of Mutilation and Just Like Heaven are sublime:

I felt American Whip was a bit of a let down after The Stereo and God EP to be honest. Had high hopes for it but left me cold