Jubilee awfulness

She’s said she’s ok with people watching her pre-transistion vids as long as it’s not anywhere she can see.

Going to Ireland on 2nd June for a holiday. Hopefully that should mean I’m safe from it all.

There’s a nerf laser gun arena being set up for the jubilee in the big park in Tunbridge Wells :smiley: ‘Mega Blaster World’

Amazing idea but… why for the jubilee?!!

1 Like

Maybe it’s a tribute to how she died.

16 Likes

I’m on this. fwiw there are currently four active staff passes with auto-topup enabled. For some reason.

You can also make it £10 by the way. Or just get it turned off :wink:

1 Like

We’re doing something similar at my school. I didn’t bring much to the table other than stony silence when we were asked to come up with ideas for it.

On a tangential note - the school’s local MP (Tory) is visiting us this week and will be talking to my class - I’ve just looked up their voting record and they’re an absolutely awful person. Can’t wait to have to pretend to be nice and also not be allowed to express any opinion as they try to make themselves sound nice in front of my class

1 Like

Cheers. I just thought it was £20 or £50 top ups available.

I turned mine off so I can keep track of monthly costs vs a monthly travelcard.

£10, £20 or £40.

Sorry, wasn’t trying to have a go at you, I know she’s left all her old stuff available for ppl to see. I just got a little taken aback by name vs thumbnail for a second.

I reckon we’re past Weekend at Bernies, I reckon we’re at Lenin’s displayed corpse which is now mostly wax

4 Likes

OK annoyingly it looks like I can only narrow it down to six Oyster cards which were all issued at roughly the same time so it looks like my dream of tracking the monarch as she goes shopping round London will be thwarted.

Unless she registers it of course.

[One of those is probably Johnson isn’t it, and you can bet he’ll use his free £5 credit at some point]

Never mind “being” elsewhere. You need to move house!

4 Likes

Really fucking hope it rains, solidly, the entire time.

11 Likes

Please no, my 30th birthday party which I’ve been planning for 17 months is on the Saturday and I will literally die if it rains. I want at least one queen to live to see a fantastically overblown and overhyped celebration in her honour that weekend.

9 Likes
3 Likes

A day off work = good
All else = bad

Can’t wait for her death, surely we’ll get at least 3 days off total

OK, rains everywhere except on your party.

Come on, that wouldn’t stop James DB managing to shoehorn it in there. If anything he’d be more inclined to try to marry it to a tune where it can’t scan.

1 Like

Is that HBomberGuy who pops up in the HP Sauce bit?

I think a lot of my issues with the Royal family is about this intersection though: the Tories are so strongly fascist and they use that ‘people wanting to celebrate the Queen’ to hang their rhetoric on.

And sure, if we removed her, they’d find something else to twin it with in the minds of the electorate but maybe it would be as strong, or maybe the fascism would be much clearer and so fewer people would buy it.

I certainly don’t think it would be quite as easy to radicalise people without The Queen and the Royal Family to use. The problem is their apparent lack of power and this whole idea they generate significant tourism by existing - rubbish I reckon because mostly people come to see the objects of royalty rather than them - and this idea that they are only a figurehead makes it even easier for awful people to act like disrespecting the Queen is a terrible thing, because we minimise her and her family having any actual agency. But they absolutely do.

5 Likes