Julien Baker

Ahh hope it grows on you

So do I. Reckon I listened to it 5 times yesterday and 3 times today and it’s just washing over me. Shame.

1 Like

I don’t think its her best but still enjoying it lots x

Think the best I can describe it is ‘nice’

1 Like

Whaaat, reckon it’ll be classed as one of the greats.

6 Likes

I’ve hammered it over the weekend, both on streaming and on the vinyl that arrived on Friday. It’s pretty much passing me by - am hoping that it’ll click soon, but I’m not convinced by the full band sound (although I realise it’s all her).

There are a couple of non-album tunes that are brilliant (aside from Tokyo) - Funeral Pyre and Red Door. Funeral Pyre in particular is amazing.

I’m still waiting for my vinyl preorder to arrive (Resident) so I guess there’s a good chance it won’t be here before the livestream on Tuesday. Has anyone had the link to it sent with their record?

I think its great and soundtracked sunny weekend walks perfectly

3 Likes

loads of the vocal melodies across the new album feel like they’re the same or slight variations on each other, really disappointed in it so far

1 Like

Her lyric writing is amazing, but her melodies are really samey and a bit forgettable. Song in E is the only tune on this album that sticks in my head at the moment. Perhaps she needs a collaborator?

Just got my link:)

I haven’t received mine yet :grimacing:

Got it now!

Expected a few more.

Well that was quick.

I was listening to the album today and thinking about how much I want to hear it live.

I only got my link 15 mins before, and had totally forgotten about it. Only checked it now and it’s finished, bugger

Pretty lacklustre experience. Got 3, maybe 4 songs (was a few mins late joining) and then started buffering. Not sure if that was the end of the show so went back to the start got the first couple of songs and then it cut out saying it was a private link

Bunch of UK shows for May 2022 are popping up, including Leeds Irish Centre on the 19th and Electric Ballroom on the 18th.

1 Like

4 Likes