July Football

True, he does look good, although with Morgan on his way out Leicester should bring in two cbs with the Maguire money to give themselves enough cover long term.

Sad that it seems Maguire is on his way, especially to a club that is a direct rival. Would be happy with Dunk and Benkovic as our starting CBs though.

2 Likes

2-0 to Lyngby, probably should’ve been more. Okore played some nice diags but was shocking defensively. He then tried to be the hero big man up top at the end but I don’t think he won a header all game.

Easy to have a rofl at United spunking 80 million on Just William, but I will be irked if City go into the season with Laporte as our only reliable centre back with a transfer ban looming.

Stones is better than Maguire tho

Can’t even have united spunking a world record fee on a butcher’s apprentice without some city anti-bants. Appalling

9 Likes

Mangala’s still there m8

3 Likes

eighty
million
pounds

60+20 million according to the paps. Hopefully the 20 million is payable if we finish above Leicester…

60mil then

4 Likes

crunched the numbers since the big lad is still spending last year’s winnings in the maldives, but thats an all in fee of 171 million for the butcher’s counter trainee.

OOFT

5 Likes

That’s almost £250 million!

4 Likes

Harry Maguire “Show me the money!”

2 Likes

Who would’ve thought ol slabhead would’ve been the first one billion pound transfer

4 Likes

Slabhead for 80m

• Good deal
  • Overpaying but will greatly improve the team
  • Shite

0 voters

de ligt was available for similar money and at similar wages.

Problem is he wouldn’t want to join our shite

1 Like

its the only transfer I could compare it with tbh. mad that van Dijk went for as low as he did - I guess that’s the united premium in play.

Prices just move ridiculously quickly. Seems mental that De Jong went to Barca for only 75m euros already and that deal was done this summer.

On top of that, there were still some reservations over VVD when he joined, few actually predicted the extent of the impact he’d have, he’s not English, and his deal would set a precedent for others.

I mean Leicester are going to spend £45m of the money we give them on Lewis Dunk.

3 Likes