July politics thread

Thought this was really good - covers a lot of what I’ve felt in seeing people’s outraged over Cummings’ admitted plotting post-GE2019.

6 Likes

Emailed the dep speaker yesterday about stopping the Zimbabwean deportation flight cos she’s my MP. Nae reply.

Oh it’s another deputy. Still tho!

1 Like

You can just tell that that deputy speaker was thinking “why is this happening on the day that I’m sitting in??”

1 Like

It’s only the same penalty that you get for attempting to nobble a judge.

What is wrong with these people?

Genuinely impossible to spot which ones are satirical piss takes of centrists at this point

7 Likes

Can never see Stella Creasy’s name without remembering how Hilary Benn motivational-speeched her into voting to bomb Syria.

2 Likes

7 Likes

All mainstream liberal news outlets, by the end of this decade

8 Likes

FTFY

4 Likes

Meh.

*(At least) 10 years ago.

Labour pushing law and order and it helping them in the polls has sent the tories into proper bastard mode and even nicking blairite policies

BJ

If you are guilty of antisocial behaviour and you are sentenced to unpaid work, as many people are, I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t be out there in one of those fluorescent-jacketed chain gangs visibly paying your debt to society.

Fucking chain gangs

I disagree with the opponents of stop and search. Section 60 stop and search orders, I think, can play an important part in fighting crime.

Increasing stop and search. Good job they’ve solved racism in the police force

Trialling the use of alcohol tags – which detect alcohol in the sweat of offenders guilty of drink-fuelled crime – on prison leavers in Wales. This is to address the fact alcohol is a significant driver of crime, playing a part in 39% of all violent crime.

2 Likes
15 Likes

Leave our Prime Minister of National Unity alone!

5 Likes

I was trying to come up with the same sort of point when I posted the link last night, but don’t think I could have done it better than that.

The kind and witty centrist party is finally happening

“How about some kind of wallet, but”

5 Likes

Lib Dems break with tradition by setting out intentionally funny policy agenda

7 Likes