jumping question

Similarly, went coasteering on a stag do a few years ago. Was really fun, but the jumps were terrifying. 10m was the tallest jump iirc and I properly had to psych myself up. My FIL over rotated somehow on the 5m one and landed chest first, breaking a rib and pulling a few intercostals. Ouch

vid of the current world record

Just to add to the picture chat. I find the faint ghostly cruise ships anchored off of Portland Bill in the far distance there really unnerving for some reason. Looks like a photo of a warship convoy or something

1 Like

This guy has a helmet and stuff. Do you get a helmet and stuff for this challenge?

Absolute piece of piss.

2 Likes

It’s only a million quid. That’s, what, 50 bananas?

1 Like

Couple of rounds of toast

6 Likes

how shallow is it?

I read something recently about how humans won’t go that deep into water regardless of how high they jump from

actually, 16 feet

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-calculate-how-deep-in-water-you-will-fall-by-the-altitude-from-which-you-jump-and-other-factors

1 crate of stella (warm)

2 Likes

Obviously I’d do that. Would probably do a flip as well.

1 Like

Mad how they’ve managed to make a video of a bloke jumping into a pond so irritating.

3 Likes

Just want to point out that it’s always, always men who do this

19 Likes

I don’t really understand how these dives are/were possible (the successful ones, anyway), when in theory it’s like hitting concrete after about 50 feet.

1 Like

Ever seen this idiot before?

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s a real professor

2 Likes

200ft is the top of the arch in the op

even if the mad idiots jumping this weekend went from halfway that’s still an incredibly long way

This one (the second highest dive ever) is great for seeing the sheer height as it’s just a massive bit of scaffolding. Doesn’t even land particularly well

Seems like a it could be a post in warnys thread

To walk safely down the cliff and have a nice snack, turn to page 67
To jump into the deadly waters for an uncertain reward, only to cripple yourself and make the rest of your journey impossible, turn to page 91

DiS has chosen … death by cliff

7 Likes

Seems stupid that you’d tie the world record rather than just climbing another foot and breaking the record. Coward

8 Likes

they were jumping from about half way down weren’t they? If the water isn’t deep enough then obviously not, but I have done jumps into waterfalls which were pretty high and I was fine.