June 2018 Film DiScussion Thread

watched Social Network on the bus the other day. Good weren’t it

4 Likes

Fucking loved Hereditary. Flirts with nonsense but brings it home. Cast all great. Colette does the showy stuff, but Byrne excellent as a quiet man worn down and at the end of his tether with all the horrific family stuff going on. The ‘incident’ and its aftermath, where Alex Wolff can’t even look around…brilliant.

The movie brazenly nicks from other films, but only from the best.

For all the fuss about Toni Colette in it, it feels just as much the Alex Wolff show, he’s rather been overlooked

He’s really good in it. And ultimately the key role.

1 Like

Just watched the opening of Jaws again on YouTube because I was thinking maybe my 10 year old niece would enjoy it (it was a PG back in the day).

Holy shit, I forgot how terrifyingly long and agonising Chrissie’s death is :flushed:

Deadpool 2. Was good. Seen a few folk say it’s not as good as the first, which is bollocks - Those rose-tinted specs must have covered up the memory of the final third of DP1 being tedious ‘wham bam’ explodey rubbish.

Didn’t like him. His cry acting was so cringey.

yeah that was good

3 Likes

Hereditary was pretty great. I’m still thinking about it, it is dense AF. I really wish it were scarier, but there are loads to chew on, and some stone cold classic bits.

I watch Jurassic World : Jurassic Worlder

It was shit. The kids liked it though.

The only notable thing was a couple of really embarrassing attempts to redress the dodgy gender stuff of the first (/fourth) one.

Ocean’s 11 4: The cast were great and I really wanted to like it but it was completely mediocre. Amazingly James Corden wasn’t the worst thing about it.

Really loved Hereditary, can’t stop thinking about it. Easily the most uncomfortable final 20 minutes of a film I’ve seen. Would watch again immediately.

2 Likes

Assumed you were talking about Hereditary initially :fearful:

4 Likes

Then this is the film for you

2 Likes

I watched Alex Strangelove and Beach Rats. funny seeing the same women playing basically the same thing - the girlfriend of the closeted gay protagonist - in the space of two days. she’s doesn’t seem to have been in any other films yet. pretty quick to be typecast in such a niche role

watched Body Heat. made me feel sweaty watching it

also saw In My Skin which was a bit gruesome

2 Likes

Absolutely love In My Skin

strong pun.

1 Like

reckon the audences will greet this with arms wide open?

3 Likes