June 2019 Film Thread

I love how I, Tonya has been Paul Walter Hauser’s breakout role

1 Like

I thought the Gareth Edwards Godzilla was pretty good tbh

did everyone say that one was a shiter?

I want someone to agree with me that Jonah Hill and Oneohtrix Point Never are the same person in different disguises

can’t see it tbh

the playlist for the ‘jonah hill and daniel lopatin are the same person club’ christmas disco

That opening scene, man.

Absolutely incredible opening scene. Also the scene in the parking lot. Fantastic film. Loved it

2 Likes

Opening scene was a short film in its own right apparently.

Yes I’d heard that. It won a Sundance award and everything.

It also has a great closing scene doesn’t it?
Hmm I’m making it sound like a series of BIG SCENES but it’s really not. It’s just a really well-crafted film.

Aye, agreed. I think the BIG SCENE(s) are justifiably praiseworthy though in comparison to the rest of it (which is very good)

1 Like

Shaft is unsurprisingly getting poor reviews. Let’s see if Toy Story 4 or Child’s Play can improve matters next week!

what

oh wait, that’s his son

still sounds shite

Good old Forky to the rescue then

Toy Story 4 reviews are out already. They’re pretty good so far!

Hearts Beat Loud lost all my goodwill at the end where Ron Swanson picked up Merriweather Post Pavillion to show off how trippy it is

1 Like

Ha, I’d forgotten that Justice League was originally announced as two films

https://twitter.com/aliarikan/status/1139510219623555072

2 Likes

The Maradona doc is excellent, a fair bit I didn’t know and the amount of footage at his disposal is quite something.

Late Night - ugh, it was fine. Didn’t feel the “need to be a bitch and have no friends to succeed” trope redeemed itself as much as they think it did at the end.