June 2021 Film News/Trailer chat thread

pretty sure I saw Amy Seimetz eating sushi in Camberwell this evening. absolutely no way of confirming this as she is not active on social media so she may well be in LA right now. but it sure looked like her a lot.

Me at the prospect of The Souvenir Part II: :grinning:
Nearly everyone else here at the prospect of The Souvenir Part II:
Angry Pingu

1 Like

Truly a pointless remake. The original film is really good. What can this possibly bring to the table?

1 Like
1 Like

London Film Festival going hybrid across London/UK/BFI Player again:

1 Like
1 Like

Thus makes some sense when I click through to see it in Twitter but what’s it referencing?

The Witch

1 Like

I like how UK cinemas are still so starved of stuff to show that the Vue in Leicester Square is showing The Father (a film which in normal circumstances it wouldn’t go near) around ten times a day. Even Curzon Home Cinema is clearly feeling the pinch, they have that arthouse classic Basic Instinct available on there from next week

Feels like there’s stacks at our local right now. Weird.

https://suntheatre.com.au/

Yeah once the autumn comes around its going to be crammed.

Still not seeing Cruella, though. You can’t make me.

My wife was happy to take our daughter, thankfully.

The soundtrack album is decent though.

:cry:

Maybe they’ll Bury him in Otisville

As we don’t really have a general TV news thread I’ll post this here

Causing some noise on Twitter due to this bit:

“It’s incredibly gratifying and free to be using characters that are considered villains because you just have so much more leeway,” says Halpern. “A perfect example of that is in this third season of ‘Harley’ [when] we had a moment where Batman was going down on Catwoman. And DC was like, ‘You can’t do that. You absolutely cannot do that.’ They’re like, ‘Heroes don’t do that.’ So, we said, ‘Are you saying heroes are just selfish lovers?’ They were like, ‘No, it’s that we sell consumer toys for heroes. It’s hard to sell a toy if Batman is also going down on someone.’”

(In fairness to DC, both Halpern and Schumacker went on to say that the company has been remarkably supportive of their series and has allowed them to push the envelope numerous times. Still, it remains to be seen if Batman and Catwoman will be shown engaging in some bedroom antics in Season 3 or if it will simply be implied via cunning linguistics.)

Can’t actually make sense of the DC request at all here except the behind the scenes stuff from 2017’s Justice League shows they have some absolute scumbags in charge. But they ruined Killing Joke with Batman having sex with Batgirl so that makes this an even stranger flex.