June 2021 Film News/Trailer chat thread

In the Heights going from ‘diversity celebration we need right now’ and box office smash in waiting to box office dud and problematic inside of four days (with profuse apology from Lin Manuel Miranda) is pretty impressive going

Without everything else, its just a really average musical which would not be getting a reassessment like this if Hamilton hadn’t happened.

1 Like

Given up on Solondz doing anything good ever again but did laugh at “This is my first movie with a plot”

1 Like

any more details about this?

1 Like

Jon Chu’s probably wishing now he’d just cracked on with the Crazy Rich Asians sequel instead

has anyone seen any of the film adaptations of the bigger Vonnegut novels? So far Mother night and SH 5 both seem worth a watch, while it looks like I should stay wellll clear of Breakfast of Champions

Worth watching:

• Mother Night
  • Slaughterhouse 5
  • Breakfast of Champions
  • None

0 voters

cannot understand the idea of an ‘original song’ in a biopic, literally must just exist to win the oscar?

Playing over the end credits I assume?

There was already a film called Everest in 2015 ffs

1 Like

I know cinemas have to desperately recoup lost revenue, but it’s still infuriating how ticket prices are now even more expensive :frowning:

Odeon and Vue have defo reduced their central London prices FWIW. I assume that’s only temporary.

Sounds quite good to be fair. Adapted from a Jeffrey Archer novel though…

Really enjoyed that 2015 Everest film which of course does not exist.

Yeah every cinema around me is a fair bit cheaper atm

2 Likes

Can’t believe how accurate their drawing of me is

2 Likes
1 Like

First trip to one of my fav cinemas in 460 days!

4 Likes