Jussie Smollet

Have been quietly following this one not letting myself be swayed by what looked to be a lot of MAGA brigading on social media, but no, it looks like he did it:

What a fucking idiot if this is true. What the fuck.

1 Like

If he did fake it, how fucking stupid can you get. Right-wing chumps will crow about this for ages.

3 Likes

Yeah all they need is more fuel for their fake news mantras. So stupid and damaging on so many levels.

Yeah, it’s a head scratcher. It makes me question what the best approach is to stories like this - it’s the second time in the space of a couple weeks that a story has broken, been jumped upon immediately to criticise “MAGA”, and then turned out to be falsified or fabricated, and it’s far from the first couple of times that it’s happened.

At the same time it’s obviously better to believe that they have happened as reported and be wrong occasionally.

1 Like

I assume he means the Covington thing with the MAGA cap teenager and the Native American guy

1 Like

Yeah. Combating misinformation with truth clearly wasn’t working.

Genuinely don’t have a problem with the press fighting fire with fire now.

This entire time I thought he was called Jessie

So odd. Seems that he paid the brothers by cheque as well.

Has anyone ever received a pay rise out of sympathy? ffs Jussie :disappointed:

This has definitely turned out to be an A+ negotiating tactic then

2 Likes

‘Jamal died on the way back to his home planet’

6 Likes

Completely baffled by the pay-rise angle (baffled by all of it, but fuck - the initial theory that he was trying to help his politician friend put through a hate-crime bill or whatever it was at least made some semblance of twisted sense). This guy isn’t right is he?

It’s fucked up. Been following it hoping it was a play by right wing groups to discredit but no. WTH

6 Likes

Stop it.

3 Likes

@moderators

Poster with long history of posting “edgy” racist nonsense in posting “edgy” racist nonsense shocker!

2 Likes

Sorry, only woke up now. Dealt with.

3 Likes

Swift and fair. :muscle: :hammer: :+1:

1 Like

Did seem a bit weird when everyone just accepted the notoriously-bad Chicago Police Department’s version of events.

I have no idea what’s going on there anymore