Just got a latte

Is that a reference to… Warburtons?

1 Like

@anon5266188 I’m interested to know if this coffee adventure so far has made you consider purchasing a nespresso machine (other brands are acceptable). What are your thoughts on nespresso machines generally? Is this question too soon in the coffee adventure?

Hello, thanks for the question. I’ll be honest I’ve quite wanted a Nespresso machine for ages despite not really drinking coffee on accounts of how they look really satisfying to operate (and also it would probably make me a bit like Clooney and irresistible to the babes in the ads). My partner likes coffee and I always go on about how I’ll get her one as a gift one day and she shoots it down (correctly) as absurdly unnecessary and costly. I think it’s fairly inevitable that I’ll get one at some point and immediately have buyers remorse and shame every time I look at it.

2 Likes

Apologies for the delay, I’ve been run off my feet all day (I actually haven’t, I’ve been stuck in a bullshit meeting about the implementation of something which I know will not work, and even if it does, it will replace something which already does the job better, so that’s been fun).

5 Likes

Well your implementation of this could never be replaced, thank you again.

1 Like

Yeah this was a key selling point for me but the reality was more like this

IMG_7494

Thanks for your answer anyway. I would highly recommend purchasing one to continue your coffee adventures, I got one mine for mad cheap in the sales. Fuck Nespresso self service cafes and everything about them though.

1 Like

Hey yo @anon44830896 this one’s for you girl!

5 Likes

Did you say ‘please’ instead of ‘place’?

Also have a ruddy brilliant time tonight man, can I expect 200 words on the gig in tomorrow’s morning thread?

1 Like

That was extremely delicious, you know your way around a chai latte mate. Great palate. I know it’s not on the chart but it would be a solid 9 (nine) if it was.

3 Likes

I did, I remembered my manners and also the correct word. I’ll get a full report to you asap mate. Thanks.

3 Likes

Any chance you could doctor this with a little greeny grey bar above the Americano titled “cow juice” and a big red cross through it?

I went to Slug & Lettuce instead (in case you were wondering)

KUNG FU KENNY

1 Like

I’ve never drank coffee but I’m really enjoying this thread and especially you updating this chart. Good work.

2 Likes

YASSSS I WIN

1 Like

very sad to see ant’s experiment go off the rails like this. a nice little thread we had here for a time.

1 Like

This was just a brief sidebar. Normal service will resume tomorrow.

New poll, I’ve decided what I’m going to get today but this is a poll to see if the community can pick what I’ve decided correctly…

• Cappuccino
  • Americano

0 voters

its obvious by now you’d prefer the taste of a cappuccino, but really a coffee = Americano and after yesterdays debacle well… :expressionless:

There’s no fucking way you’re getting a black coffee Tone.

3 Likes

MAJOR CONTROVERSY

I literally was going to get a black americano. I ordered it at the counter but THE MACHINE HAD BROKEN!!!

“We can only do milky coffees so a latte or a cappuccino” were the literal words out of the ladies’ mouth!

If anyone wants to verify please visit the Whitecross St branch of Pret (opposite Barbican Waitrose)

Can’t believe this has happened to me.

The upshot of all this is that I’ve got a cappuccino now…

1 Like