Just got a latte

Please where did you get this chart, I have some issues with it

I think I found it.

What issues do you have?

swear to god if you mention anything about the red eye coffee i will FLIP MY (coffee) LID

2 Likes

Mainly the foam on the latte tbh

Without the foam it’d be the same as the flat white wouldn’t it?

1 Like

Would you like to order a wet latte?

be my guest but i can’t help you if they spit in your latte

Absolutely never had a flat white as they’re not a thing over here (and we honestly have better coffee in general so)

I also have a non chart related question for the thread: Has Ant had a filter coffee yet or just going straight for the americano? Because filter is better, Ant

woah

this thread is now going to explode

edit: I don’t like filter coffee at all. I like americano.

1 Like

Hi Ruski, I’m going to need to ask a follow-up question in order to be able to answer yours I’m afraid and that follow-up question is “what’s a filter coffee?”

Certainly picking a fight with Italians over coffee doesn’t seem…wise.

Americano is my chugging drink. Filtered has its place, but it’s a bit 1970s. I prefer a more assertive coffee.

Obviously if Ant doesn’t end up top-marking the espresso then he’s doomed, coffee-nerd-wise.

Also the idea that a cafe au lait and a caffe latte are different things is putely an American thing, let’s not do that

It’s like when you make one of those oh-so-fashionable cold brewed coffees that taste of cold coffee, only using hot water.

An Americano is an espresso with hot water added.

A filter coffee is when ground coffee has been placed in some sort of device on top of a cup / jug and then hot water goes onto the ground coffee and then filters into the cup as coffee.

2 Likes

I think my position on people who put any sort of milk in their drink has been made adequately explicit.

Well then this probably isn’t the right discussion for you to participate in, pal

1 Like

Fucking hell mate you’re really throwing a cap amongst the piccolos here.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve had filter coffee before in that case but not from a Pret A Manger or equivalent.

I also prefer filter to americano.

I’m not a massive coffee drinker and it’s probably partly down to economics, but I don’t think it’s a controversial opinion.

1 Like

Who is italian?

You get a different taste from these drinks, as with an espresso you need to use very finely ground coffee, and the espresso machine will use a shitload of pressure to force the water through the grounds.

With filter coffee, you use a coarser grind (but still quite fine), and it takes time for the water to filter through as you’re relying on gravity rather than pressure. You should get different tastes with both, even though they’re basically “black coffee”.

:nerd_face:

6 Likes

I’m just concerned that if you don’t like the Americano, you’ll think that’s it for plain black coffee. Having been a filter coffee drinker since approximately age 17, I’ve never really come around to the Americano.