Kanye West - thread contains discussion of his racism and sexism.

It really is

I wasnā€™t basing my comparison on their most recent output, itā€™s something Iā€™ve thought for a few years. I havenā€™t paid much attention to kanyes latest stuff and I just assumed it was kanye being kanye. If heā€™s not well, then I agree, itā€™s best not to compare the two.

im hopping of the train for this round of the kanye hype cycle. will see yall again once the album drops.

3 Likes

just realised that thereā€™s another month of this stillā€¦

1 Like

absolutely canā€™t fucking believe the reality weā€™re in in which a legend like Elliott Wilson is posting a segment from TM fucking Z in which they speak very articulate and impassioned sense to Kanye West to try to awaken him to his own antics.

TMZ!!

2 Likes

The weirdest timeline.

tried to watch that 1hr 45 minute interview but, surprisingly, got a bit bored. Jumped along the timeline a bit and this was the first moment I landed on which I think probably sums it all up quite well

Hi, I only get called by @ admins for what itā€™s worth.

Anyway, I banned Fatty, sorry.

1 Like

Not sure what would confuse people more at this point, if the album turns out to be good or if it turns out to be terrible.

I doubt Iā€™ll be listening either way at this point

1 Like

Yeah, sameā€¦

If heā€™s just doing it to deliberately court controversy and drum up publicity and we all go out and listen to it then that probably makes the whole strategy a ā€œsuccessā€ in his mind.

Of course, if heā€™s not and he genuinely believes what heā€™s saying, then listening to it means heā€™ll think people agree with him (ā€œI was right!ā€) and if people donā€™t listen to it then his whole paranoiac ā€œTheyā€™re trying to stop my being a free thinkerā€ thing is endorsed in his mindā€¦

Heā€™s just saying things with no thought behind them, as that man pointed out in that TMZ clip. I actually canā€™t tell if itā€™s a strategy to gain attention or if heā€™s not well. A lot of his twitter ramblings do mention heā€™s just putting things out there when he says stuff and we should all do the same, maybe thatā€™s his idea of a disclaimer? I dunno.

Iā€™m interested to see how this all pans out for him, if itā€™ll affect record/ticket sales or any endorsement deals he gets, it could well be negligible by the time the album comes out. I imagine all media outlets are clamouring to get an interview with him in the hope heā€™ll say something controversial.

All feels a bit weird. Donā€™t know whoā€™s playing who.

I was surprised to hear him say heā€™s had liposuction and plastic surgery, especially after what happened to his mumā€¦ Up until recently the guy has always seemed to be in pretty good shape physically, which makes the decision a bit strange to me

Thereā€™s plenty of medication that makes you gain weight.

He seems totally oblivious to the fact heā€™s being an idiot in that video, as Theo pointed out in the other thread he seems ā€œearnest and humbleā€ while spouting all that rubbish. Which either means heā€™s an incredibly good method actor or just nuts. Yet at the same time, why keep everything bottled up to unleash it just before your album is released? Itā€™s clearly calculated to some degree. Just bizarre

i think he really just doesnā€™t know whatā€™s going on. this whole ā€˜free thinkingā€™ thing - what does it even mean. it just sounds like someone whoā€™s insanely conflicted and not quite able to grasp anything thatā€™s going on in the world right now (understandable), and unfortunately has decided to pick the ā€˜wrongā€™ side.

Arenā€™t people tired of Kanye yet?

Kanye, boring?

6 Likes

Lots of stupid people think they are being clever and daring by just saying things that are the opposite of what the people around them are saying. Heā€™s one of them.

2 Likes

I admit that I like his gimmicks more than his music.