Kanye West 2018

Still feel skeptical, but here we go.

if this album is actually released and is not a SNL skit meme I will livestream myself listening to it on repeat at least 10 times

does definitely seem like something kanye would do and i’m more than half expecting it.

importantly, he hasn’t actually confirmed this is an album or mentioned the word album at any time

It must be a new album because he’s ramped up the ‘say as much dumb shit as possible’ mode

Fucking kill me. When do we reckon the Woody Allen endorsement is coming?

Oh ffs

So, Yandhi features a man convicted of a sex crime with a 13 year-old girl (6ix9ine). Open support for sex criminals seems to be a bit of an issue at the moment, doesn’t it?

Fuck him. I’m out.

I’m out.

still stand by this

Is that going to be the actual CD cover? Made to look like an MiniDisc? That’s awesome.

Remain totally bemused by this guys appeal though.

How anyone can support the stupid shit that tumbles out of this guy’s mouth these days is just beyond me. But now that stupid shit is actively supporting, promoting and validating particularly reprehensible sounding people. It’s pretty shameful and disgusting.

I’ll freely admit to being one of those people that finds it hard to separate the art from the artist, particularly when it comes to hip hop, but I just wish the guy would absolutely piss the fuck off now.

‘According to a report from Fader, he was wearing a Colin Kaepernick sweatshirt, which he’d designed earlier this morning, and a MAGA hat’

:man_facepalming: He must be literally the only person on the planet that doesn’t see the hypocrisy in that (or. If he notices it, thinks it makes him edgy)

‘a MAGA hat which he said he had redesigned: “I changed the brim, I mean I changed the shape right here and I put positive energy into the hat.”’

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

I think he thinks it makes him edgy. The whole “I can choose to be whatever I want and I’m not limited by the boxes society chooses to put me in” thing.

Like a teenage goth wearing fairy wings.

Still gonna listen to the album cos I’m in too deep but comforted by the fact that I’m in a dwindling pool of people willing to do so

This is a wider problem, for sure. With XXXTentacion and now 6ix9ine. Unfortunately, these guys get popular in spite of (or more likely because of) their troubled backgrounds, they have big singles and then the hip hop and r&b vanguard want to borrow some of their cool and add to their numbers and their crimes don’t seem to in any way be off-putting when there’s money involved. Pretty grim state of affairs.

yeah this is the thing- the music of 6ix9ine and XXX is absolutely terrible which makes it utterly clear that they only care about the fucking numbers and catching the youth demographic. Pretty terrible stuff

Seemingly was a wind up after all then… and not even one with a punch line :man_shrugging:

The other guy somehow manages to sound even worse live than he did on record. It sounds like he’s got a cold, or rapping with a thick jumper pulled over his face.

That interview with Jimmy Kimmel where his reasoning for supporting Trump boiled down to “I’m a contrary attention seeker”. Prick.