Kanye West 2018

I find it so embarrassing that Kanye jumped on this track at all. Every time I think he’s hit bottom he somehow goes lower.

And yeah, these ‘rappers’ coming up off one big single who’ve never had a thought cross their minds are just ugh. Think this is the guy J cole did an hour long interview with, sort of trying to understand the next generation - and it was unwatchable because the guy’s such a self important idiot (not Cole, who bent over backwards to be respectful and classy throughout).

Proper cringe, that.

Christ

such a gobshite haha

I’m old enough to remember when he took time and released decent music. And wasn’t an absolute prick, just a bit of one.

Must be pretty lonely in The Sunken Place.

It’s so annoying because I actually would have no problem with someone holding this opinion, really. It’s just that he’s built his entire identity around it in the most BORING way. I finally unfollowed him on instagram from this - not out of offence or holding a differing opinion - but because he just won’t change the record.

His most recent output, this entire stance, and his recent ‘collaboration’ with Lil Pump says it all. The man is seriously out of ideas.

Er, what?

Aye. Mixture between right wing xenophobia and completely poorly thought out reactionary statements (presumably by abolish the 13th he means get rid of the part that provides for prisoners to do forced labour rather than bring back slavery but it’s just so dumb)

It’s just a full Ye album, and those five albums that I dropped earlier were like superhero rehabilitation.

November 23 release date.

He hasn’t started recording it has he?

Im looking forward to this being the first long-awaited flop of the 20s

Chinese Democra-Ye

Also this statement… Every sentence dumber than the last

We have concepts talking about body-shaming and women being looked down upon for how many people that they slept with. It’s just a full Ye album and those five albums I dropped earlier were like superhero rehabilitation and now the alien Ye is fully back in mode… We’re going to Africa in two weeks to record. I felt this energy when I was in Chicago. I felt the roots. We have to go to what is known as Africa.

As Rolling Stone put it, Kanye was the most thoughtful rapper alive… until he became the least thoughtful.

has he really changed his name to ye or is he just being an idiot?

He’s not being an idiot. He IS an idiot.

Both of these things can be true

and @bruised_blood i realised after i posted it that clearly he is being an idiot as well as whatever else he’s doing at the mo

Shout out to Lana for taking him to task, and I liked Snoop commenting that he should try to make his music great again…

Kind of disappointed every time I see people like Chance basically acting as apologists for him now. It does feel like we might be approaching the tipping point for Ye ‘officially’ being uncool (I mean among his peers, where he’s still largely idolised).

The Continent Formally Known As Africa.

Even better in video form. So clear that he completely made the album up for attention, then realised this really wasn’t going to wash and he better do something, and has now promised an album as good as MBDTF that he has to make in a month.