Kanye West 2018

Moby tweeted this during that fiasco earlier. So tender.

Maybe this whole nightmare’s been worth it…

I thought he’d backtracked on admitting that and claimed it turns out he was just sleep-deprived?

The Guardian piece about yesterday’s shitshow definitely quotes him saying this.

Not really sure where to begin with this. It’s painful, embarrassing, and disappointing. A mate singled out this specific quote for its awfulness:

Kanye West voted for Trump and believes in Trump, purely because he was running against a woman, and these comments will validate other idiotic men who believed Hilary Clinton was the wrong choice purely because of her gender.

This is just, so unbelievably misogynist it’s jaw-dropping. What kind of message does that say to his own daughter? I hope Kanye West gets appropriately slaughtered for this bullshit, in time.

Remember when Kanye West said he’d run for President? The idea seemed absurd but maybe that’s going to be his aim. That would be total confirmation we’re in the dark timeline, if Trump gets re-elected and Kanye West follows him up.

He won’t.

shock that Kanye’s favourite superhero is Superman

This feels very much like Armando Iannucci’s post-satire world come to life. Kanye West talking to Trump about his favourite superhero and bollocking on about some fucking Apple jet. Dark timeline’s about right.

also enjoyed finding out Kanye’s phone password is 000000

The tone of the poem kind of seemed a bit strange to me as well but I’m guessing it’s partly a response to this

There’s parts of that where he’s talking like, genuinely disconnected from reality nonsense. I’ve said this elsewhere but the man clearly needs help, the people around him don’t seem to be helping him and the media are turning him into a spectacle.

Not normally one to jump to the defence of Drake, but despite the beef, this seems very plausible and like the very small actions of a man who publicly says he doesn’t care about being number 1 rapper anymore. Basically saying he asked Drake to be open with him, then leaked/used all the stuff he told him

“I’m in Wyoming. I play him March 14. I send him a picture of my son. I tell him I’m having trouble with my son’s mother,” Drake says, implying that Kanye revealed the information about his son to Pusha-T. Drake then insinuates that Kanye purposefully planned his string of G.O.O.D. Music album release within the same time frame as Drake’s Scorpion . Drake continues, “I wake up, and all these dates are out. One by one by one. All of them around June 15.”

That whole saga was so fucking embarrassing for everyone involved, and looking back on it it’s really distressing to see how it was held up as some kind of year-defining achievement in the music media. I myself was guilty of paying attention to it, and I really wish I hadn’t.

“I knew something was gonna come up about my kid. They had to add the deadbeat dad thing to make it more appealing, which is fine. The mom and dad thing… Whatever. You don’t even know my family. But wishing death upon my friend who has MS… I study rap battles for a living. When you mention defenseless people who are sick in the hospital, who have passed away, I just believe that there’s a price you have to pay for that. It’s over! Someone’s gonna fucking punch you in the fucking face. The shit’s done, the event’s over”

I love Pusha, and Daytona is one of the best albums of the year, but my enthsiasm for it has just dwindled since this whole fiasco

Of course he needs help but he’s burning all his bridges. Whatever the situation he’s just an unmitigated ballbag at this point.

On the lyrics to Reborn he basically proclaims himself a man addicted to hostile public reactions

I was off the meds, I was called insane
What a awesome thing, engulfed in shame
I want all the rain, I want all the pain
I want all the smoke, I want all the blame

Which is just an inflation of Old Kanye: “Everybody feel a way about K but at least y’all feel something.”

I hope I’m wrong about it, but it just seems it’ll keep going until he doesn’t have any allies left and he tops himself because everyone hates him.

Moby will always be a bigger bell no matter what Kanye does.

Sorry, the Oval Office incident all by itself renders this overwhelmingly false.

Still listening to Daytona. I think Kanye’s antics around that time muddied my perception of the album initially, but listening to it now the album’s pretty much faultless. Hope it goes down as a classic

Yeah it’s really good. Someone here suggested mixing Lunch Money, Numbers on the Board and Nosetalgia into the album to take it up to ten - and I LOVE listening to it like that.

Damn I’m gonna have to try that