Kanye West - thread contains discussion of his racism and sexism.

I kind of lean more on Ye’s side in spite of the cataclysmic fall of the last few years - but in any event my point was more about Kanye’s perception of events than a real critical appraisal. More about their popularity. He was undeniably number one for a long time and simply isn’t anymore.

I think that gets to him but rather than just focussing on an album that would put him back on top, he handicaps these more half hearted attempts as an excuse for why he isn’t number one.

Nailed it

I don’t particularly like Drake but he has hits and I’d much rather listen to any of them then Kanye saying ‘Now, if I fuck this model, and she just bleached her asshole and I get bleach on my T-shirt ii’m gonna feel like an asshole’

Would much rather hear Nice For What for a 100th time thank you

5 Likes

What do you mean Kanye doesn’t have hits anymore?

1 Like

He’s a sick fuck…

20 Likes

Perhaps, but I just fired up this thread to say I’m listening to MBDTF and fuck me.

What an album. What stunning control, orchestration, composition, sequencing, the lot. What an undeniably brilliant record. It would stand out in any genre but even out of context of its time and place, it sounds outrageous.

It’s sad and disturbing and FUNNY AS FUCK.

I know we all know this, and it’s why we talk about him at all, his talent, but it’s maybe the first time I’ve listened since all the Trump shit, a little drunk, and it’s just bonkers fun.

3 Likes

He’s twitter storming again

1 Like

But watch the throne was very blahhhh

2 Likes

gonna need @anon5266188 to confirm but I think that watch the throne doesn’t exist

1 Like

Yup, 1,500,000 sales, multiple Grammy nominations and wins but it doesn’t exist.

11 Likes

so weird!

3 Likes

Hating his meds chat. A friend of mine is genuinely into how we’re all ‘controlled’ for saying that maybe it’s a bad idea to discourage people from using their medicine.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1073927363287605248?s=19

Hmm

1 Like

It’s not an easy issue. I use to be close friends a bipolar person who was very artistically creative and said that they hated taking medication because they lost any interest in their art and they felt like they simply weren’t themselves. I don’t really feel qualified to talk on it, but I think it’s a common problem.

I wouldn’t judge my friend from being honest with this, so I don’t necessarily judge Kanye. That said if doctors are recommending you take medication, even if it stifles your creativity, it’s probably for the best. If you can control your issue through other means such as therapy, meditation etc. then that’s ok, but health and wellbeing is the most important thing (and certainly not the pressure to make another Runaway…)

1 Like

Yeah, I’d rather people stayed healthy and alive than have a great piece of art. Suppose it all gets fucked when your art is your living.

Also unqualified to talk on it, just don’t like the tweets saying you’re ‘controlled’ if you don’t agree that medication is bad

i think the real problem is theyre on the wrong meds and dont go back to their doctor to talk about it, they just think meds are bad and come off them

doesn’t help when people around you are also calling you ‘the most genius person i know’ all the time as well

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: yeah I can imagine when your art is making corporation sized profits it must be impossible to keep your feet on the ground