Kanye West - thread contains discussion of his racism and sexism.

Based on melodies originally whistled by Garth Marenghi (Paul McCartney)

1 Like

Have you come across the Dissect podcast - they do one album a season and do mega-deep analysis of each track. Season 2 was MBDTF. Is excellent.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/city-scout/dissect/e/50983967?autoplay=true

3 Likes

thanks, will check this out

Yeah Iā€™m all in for this. Will get it in my commutes next week

Can confirm this is amazing. Halfway through the Frank Ocean season and it doesnā€™t hit these heights.

1 Like

Frank Ocean (and new Tyler) season didnā€™t do much for me. Probably because I find the albums less interesting. TPAB in season 1 was excellent though.

ā€œOmniverse examines the many doors of perception. Season One explores the Ego through an alternate reality Kanye West. Smith stars as a young Kanye Westā€

This is going to be such sublime nonsense

8 Likes

The Frank Ocean one is great but he does bang on about ā€˜dualityā€™ and ā€˜dichotomyā€™ a LOT.

Dissect is great, but I get really infuriated by ā€œbefore i dive into this weekā€™s episode, I want to take you through a brief history of everything that has ever existed since the dawn of timeā€

He keeps threatening to do a non-hip-hop record, which could be really great. Aeroplane Over the Sea would be an interesting one to hear him decode. I suspect that no heā€™s on the Spotify payroll they will want to avoid disrupting the brand though.

1 Like

Out of Curiosity:

• College Dropout
  • Late Registration
  • Graduation
  • 808s & Heartbreak
  • My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
  • Yeezus
  • The Life of Pablo
  • Ye

0 voters

MBDTF> Late Registration > Yeezus > College Dropout > 808s > Graduation > Pablo > Ye

I know that MBDTF is the ā€˜correctā€™ answer, but have to vote Yeezus as it was the first of his I really loved - and just such a mad thing for a major star to make.

1 Like

His interview with David Letterman is now on Netflix

Anyone seen it? Watching it now. Heā€™s quite a smart total idiot. I have no idea what heā€™s talking about

Yeah Iā€™m watching it now. He says a lot of words doesnā€™t he?

1 Like

A lot. Finding him quite difficult to dislike though?

1 Like

Oh definitely. Heā€™s quite brilliant really, whilst simultaneously sounding like a 15 year old after their first bong.

2 Likes

I like the nervous little laugh he does when he quite clearly isnā€™t listening to something

3 Likes