Kanye West 2019

Had the potential to be an all time great Ye track but the recorded version just doesn’t live up to the energy of the Brits performance.

2 Likes

You know sometimes when you see a band live, but because of the mix you can’t hear certain melodies or instruments the way you should be able to, but because you know the songs soenough you can just mentally fill in the gaps?

I do basically the opposite with All Day - whenever I hear it I just add in the energy and vibe of the live version.

Based on melodies originally whistled by Garth Marenghi (Paul McCartney)

1 Like

Have you come across the Dissect podcast - they do one album a season and do mega-deep analysis of each track. Season 2 was MBDTF. Is excellent.

3 Likes

thanks, will check this out

Yeah I’m all in for this. Will get it in my commutes next week

Can confirm this is amazing. Halfway through the Frank Ocean season and it doesn’t hit these heights.

1 Like

Frank Ocean (and new Tyler) season didn’t do much for me. Probably because I find the albums less interesting. TPAB in season 1 was excellent though.

“Omniverse examines the many doors of perception. Season One explores the Ego through an alternate reality Kanye West. Smith stars as a young Kanye West”

This is going to be such sublime nonsense

8 Likes

The Frank Ocean one is great but he does bang on about ‘duality’ and ‘dichotomy’ a LOT.

Dissect is great, but I get really infuriated by “before i dive into this week’s episode, I want to take you through a brief history of everything that has ever existed since the dawn of time”

He keeps threatening to do a non-hip-hop record, which could be really great. Aeroplane Over the Sea would be an interesting one to hear him decode. I suspect that no he’s on the Spotify payroll they will want to avoid disrupting the brand though.

1 Like

Out of Curiosity:

• College Dropout
  • Late Registration
  • Graduation
  • 808s & Heartbreak
  • My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
  • Yeezus
  • The Life of Pablo
  • Ye

0 voters

MBDTF> Late Registration > Yeezus > College Dropout > 808s > Graduation > Pablo > Ye

I know that MBDTF is the ‘correct’ answer, but have to vote Yeezus as it was the first of his I really loved - and just such a mad thing for a major star to make.

1 Like

His interview with David Letterman is now on Netflix

Anyone seen it? Watching it now. He’s quite a smart total idiot. I have no idea what he’s talking about

Yeah I’m watching it now. He says a lot of words doesn’t he?

1 Like

A lot. Finding him quite difficult to dislike though?

1 Like