Kanye West 2021

Everyone excited to definitely listen to this today?

4 Likes

i just bunged life of pablo on, that’ll do

1 Like

If it comes “on time”, it’ll be after an evening listening party in the US. Sooo… tomorrow.

:clock1:

:eyes:

2 Likes

Getting closer and closer to…

2 Likes

I read an account of someone who went to one of the listening parties and it sounds bad. Truly song after song about getting to heaven, etc.

The person seemed disturbed by vast parts of it, though did think it was interesting. The over riding sense seemed to be that they were being played snippets of unfinished songs and demos, which I find disappointing. Whatever this is, it doesn’t sound like the long-gestating result of a year’s focus and work…

1 Like

Father stretch my patience

11 Likes

It’s kind of comforting that one of the biggest artists of our time has the exact same attitudes to work deadlines as I do, tbh. Next time I’m up against it I’m just going to tell the patent office that, look, you simply can’t rush genius.

8 Likes

Theres always next sunday

Tl;dr

• Apparently the record sounded unfinished and could be weeks away. Reminiscent of the release of TLOP.
  • It sounds short (under 30 minutes) and patchy.
  • One track features Kenny G and a reuinited Clipse. Together at last!
  • Reckon we’re getting some peak Ye clangers on this one, Jesus style:

Lines such as “everyone want Yandhi, my cousins mad at my auntie” have questionably been flipped to “everyone wanted Yandhi, but Jesus did the laundry.”

5 Likes

Damn - three years ago I’d be prepared to believe that this is Kanye being a thousand years ahead, such a talented satirist that he’s making a spoof album and fully trolling, etc, but now…

7 Likes

Better than I was expecting tbh

3 Likes

kanye west ft. david liebe hart

2 Likes

Definitely in Bob Dylan c. 1979 territory. I guess that means only two decent albums in the next 20 years, and then we’ll get his Time Out of Mind in 2037

1 Like

He isn’t releasing much of anything at the moment

1 Like

Lies! His Slow Train Coming/Saved/Shot of Love are on their way!

1 Like

He says a lot of stuff

Fucking muppet

14 Likes