Kanye West - thread contains discussion of his racism and sexism.

But Yeezus apart all of Kanye’s albums have been 50-70 minutes long - my two favourites of his (Late Registration and MBDTF) are both well over an hour. It’s not like with Tarantino where every successive film gets even longer and the indulgence gets worse. I just think on Pablo the quality of the songs wasn’t as strong and the length had little to do with it.

yeezus and pablo are his best records, looking forward to this

2 Likes

They’re certainly his best records this decade (after MBDTF)

1 Like

What an unusual stance!

4 Likes

Pablo is much better if you treat everything after Wolves as the bonus tracks they clearly are.

2 Likes

they literally are, aren’t they?

1 Like

30 Hours is good but for some reason he stretched a 2 minute song to over 5 mins and No More Parties is a great non album track but otherwise it’s not very good listening.

1 Like

fucking hate that album/bonus cut edit of 30 Hours. completely ruined it

3 Likes

also not fully on board with No More Parties, though plenty seem to love it. apparently they had like 100 madlib beats and that’s the one they picked out? it’s messy and pretty annoying. kendrick doesn’t sound great over it either, so as their first cut together it was pretty underwhelming

Yeah I agree with all that, I mostly just really enjoy Kanye’s bars and how hyped up he seems.

3 Likes

Love Kanye, don’t give a fuck what he releases, just give it to me now.

7 Likes

not crazy about Yeezus but i really like Pablo despite its flaws
excited

it’s almost like everyone completely forgot he met with trump in his fucking golden lift

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/987696355341553665?s=21

Not really, we all know Kanye’s a crazy arsehole. Besides, James Brown met Nixon and supported Nixon/Reagan and nobody gives a shit about that.

I don’t think everyone was espousing James Brown as some modern day philosopher though were they

has anyone ever considered Kanye as a serious philosophical voice apart from Kanye himself??

4 Likes

95% of twitter by the looks of it

Pretty much everything I’ve seen relating to Kanye’s tweets is people taking the piss out of them

Top 10 Kanye tracks anyone?

1 Like
  1. gone
2 Likes