Kanye West - thread contains discussion of his racism and sexism.

Paranoid is my favourite

In no particular order:

Devil in a New Dress
Canā€™t Tell Me Nothin
Slow Jamz
Last Call
Blame Game
Power
We Major
New Slaves
Gone
All of the Lights (including the interlude)

I really dont know why AOTL cut out Fergie for the single. Best bit for me

I think some people really dislike that part. I agree, it sounds really cool, although I can never put my finger on why I like it so much

Vaguely ordered

All of the Lights
Spaceship
Real Friends
All Falls Down
On Sight
Devil in a New Dress
The Glory
Black Skinhead
Hold My Liquor
Through the Wire

Spaceship
Family Business
Addiction
Gone
Flashing Lights
Robocop
Dark Fantasy
Devil in a New Dress
Black Skinhead
Real Friends

Itā€™s very possible that Kids See Ghosts is Turbo Grafx 16.

Ugh - right now and in no orderā€¦

Dark Fantasy
Power
Black Skinhead
Hold My Liquor
FML
Blood on the Leaves
Runaway
Blame Game
All Falls Down
Diamonds From Sierra Leone

Fucking turn your phone off Yeezy!

2 Likes
  1. On Sight
  2. Black Skinhead
  3. I Am a God ft. God
  4. New Slaves
  5. Hold My Liquor
  6. Iā€™m In It
  7. Blood On the Leaves
  8. Guilt Trip
  9. Send It Up
  10. Bound 2
5 Likes

we have freedom of speech but not freedom of thought

ā€” KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 22, 2018

ruh roh

6 Likes

Why KID POOPY

Mbdtf > yeezus > college dropout > 808s > graduation > late registration > life of pablo

In tiers of 3 stone cold 10/10 classics, 3 brilliant coherent 8-9/10s, and one patchy but enjoyable not quite polished 6-7/10 sketchbook

Good god man. People have been put to death for less

3 Likes

Bound 2 > everything else it really doesnā€™t matter

They wouldā€™ve been the opposite way around a little while ago, and tbh Iā€™m not tied to any of the orders within the 3 tiers, just listened to all of them in order last week and thatā€™s how much i enjoyed them isnā€™t it

I donā€™t know what to say, Agg. You do you I guess. But my mind boggles at the concept that anyone could enjoy 808s or Graduation for than Late Registration without taking coma-inducing hallucinogens

Late Registration deffo deserves to be up there with MDBTF as his 10/10 masterpieces, followed by Yeezus and College Dropout as 8-9/10 great albums, TLoP as the 7/10 overlong sketchhbook, and Graduation + 808s as 2 great ideas for a stylistic direction that ended up being 5-6/10 albums

Might be the length tbh, think LR could use a bit of chopping down, graduation and 808s are both tight 50 minute jobbies.

Having to cheat by excluding anything from mbdtf as it would end up taking up about 70% of the list.
In no particular order:

i am a god
hold my liquor
gone
Canā€™t Tell Me Nothing
Flashing Lights
real friends
home
all falls down
never let me down
two words

Agree with the general chat on Pablo. Half the songs sounded unfinished and he just seemed more focused on making trainers or some shit rather than music. Hopefully heā€™s fully tuned in for the next album, the stories of the amount of work that went into mbdtf are ridiculous. Canā€™t imagine heā€™ll reach that level again, but would much prefer a focused, yeezus-esque effort than another pablo-syle sprawling mess.

4 Likes

I think thereā€™s something quite weird about this song. The vocal sample sounds satanic or something. Also the way he says ā€œblaawā€¦blaawā€ creeps me out a bit. For me itā€™s one of the strangest songs in his discography