Kanye West - thread contains discussion of his racism and sexism.

Is this album actually coming out all finished, mixed and on time next Friday?

• Iā€™m keeping the faith
  • When hell freezes over

0 voters

DiS has spoken. Photos of Mike Dean mixing an album at 3am next Tuesday morning on Instagram it is, working on a record with a completely different track list from the one Kim posted, and unfinished demos from the Yandhi leak randomly shoved in there.

1 Like

lol - this is probably dead on, but it will be entertaining either way. I feel like Yandhi was only ever ethereally a thing; like Swish and Turbo Grafx, not announced w/ track-list and release dateā€¦

My main concern is that the lyrics will be too God-based and ā€˜deepā€™. My favourite Kanye is savage inner turmoil Kanye (see Yeezus, FML, Real Friends, etc). An album of Ultra Light Beams sounds like my worst nightmare.

That said, maybe Iā€™m mad, but I really believe heā€™s worked on this as a ā€˜properā€™ album and it will feel more complete than his last few releases. Iā€™m interested to hear what that sounds like after so longā€¦

At the end of the day, at least the new Kevin Gates will definitely drop.

3 Likes

Whereas I think Iā€™d really like this

Me too (mainly for Chanceā€™s verse) but, an album of it Iā€™m not that bothered by.

Oh dearā€¦

https://twitter.com/joecoscarelli/status/1176904796248465408

Bit more detail looks like Def Jam want this as well.

If Kanye hasnā€™t finished thatā€™s one thing, if Def Jam donā€™t want to release it, thatā€™s quite something.

Itā€™s his Yankee Hotel Foxtrot!

1 Like

Yeezee Hovee Foxtrot

1 Like

Iā€™ve read rumours online that Kanyeā€™s angling for non-tax status with this Christian shift, essentially branding the Sunday sermon stuff as a religion in the same vein that Scientology do, so if the album has been made to make that all seem more credible I can imagine how it might be awfulā€¦

Really hoping thatā€™s not the case.

I canā€™t imagine how an album of wild-egomania Kanye rapping about his connection with Jesus for 70+ minutes will be anything other thanā€¦ embarrassing. Maybe that reflects my general cynicism about religion though. Jesus Walks is a colossal tune, so I hope to be proved wrong, although that was a very different Kanye than the one we have nowā€¦

I really hope for a miraculous turn-around from Ye (and Pablo to be honest) and Iā€™m sure he still has it in him, based on the Cudi and Pusha albumsā€¦ I just think he maybe needs someone else to bounce off and edit for him.

Do Kanye fans not find his God complex troubling?

Sure, but for me I donā€™t think itā€™s even in the top three of troubling Kanye things to hold my nose over while enjoying his music.

9 Likes

Not really, I mean heā€™s hardly the first musician to have one.

yeah I guess it is just part of a wider set of issues or a reflection of underlying issues.

doesnā€™t tend to end well though does it.

Most of my hype on this has tanked anyway, if itā€™s really a selection of ropey Christian rap songs, rather than gospel influenced ye bangers.

Well, regardless, thereā€™s going to be a Friday Sunday Service in Detroit tomorrow. So something is going down (ā€¦yā€™know, the other ones have been on Sunday).

Announcing his new religion heā€™s set up probably

3 Likes