Karaoke?

Ever done it? Do it every week? Avoid it like the plague? What’s your song of choice? I did under pressure w/ my mate and felt like I NAILED IT! :smiley: Probably sounded like a cat in heat, tho.

What did you sing?

Under Pressure by David Bowie/Queen. I had never done it before, but given the right crowd and the right inebriation is was quite fun.

I have only done it twice but times very drunk obviously.
Guns N Roses - Paradise City and Beastie Boys - Fight for your right. Beastie boys was pretty fun actually.

Yeah, tend to fancy having a go when presented with the opportunity.

Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire
Underworld - Born Slippy (Nuxx)
EMF - Unbelievable
Jimi Hendrix - Crosstown Traffic

Sang I’m Too Sexy with my mate on Chinese New Year with and Elvis impersonator (to a sold out audience).

Cleared out a pub destroying Enjoy The Silence with a different mate years and years ago.

Jackie Wilson ‘Reet Petite’ for me every time. Or Band Aid on my own.

We also tried Brass Monkey. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but once we got up there, it fell apart quickly!

I tend to do Sound & Vision or Common People - my friends tend to enjoy it :grinning:

I’ve ended up at a karaoke bar after our last two work Christmas parties. The first year I sang Mr Blue Sky by ELO; the second year I sang Gangsta’s Paradise by Coolio. Which another DiSer described as the whitest thing he’d ever heard of. Fuck him, I nailed it.

Common People would be fun. It’s a looong song, and builds nicely. Perfect for drunken howling!

Haha yeah, the length was a bit of an issue obviously it’s quite wordy. But the crowd were on my side so it went down a storm!

Did a duet of Jeff Buckley’s Grace (not the whole record) at a pub in my first year of Uni in a tiny village outside of Hull. After we’d finished the DJ said to ‘do something we know’ next time. I called him a dickhead for having it down as a choice in the first place.

Obviously we completely butchered the song.

Mary J Blige’s own performances of No More Drama are second only to my own

i’m sure, it being a perfect performance, that you also pay homage to her moves in kneehigh boots?

Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus is undisputadly the best karaoke tune, always goes down a storm.

Love karaoke. My go to songs are:
Westlife - Flying Without Wings
Ronan Keating - When You Say Nothing At All
Jay-Z - 99 Problems
Eminem - Sing For The Moment
Westlife - Uptown Girl
Embrace - Gravity

Is there any karaoke places in Cambridge? :smiley:

This in Cottingham? The DJs should know better!

It was indeed! Think it was The Railway.