Kasabian (maybe done) CW: Abuse.

mods edit - for context, Meighan’s domestic violence only came to light midway through this thread

Sad news for the scaffolding industry

36 Likes

As if the city of Leicester hasn’t gone through enough recently

2 Likes

I wasn’t a massive fan but it’s a shame for Tom who I thought always seemed like a decent guy.

13 Likes

I hope there’s a lot of this in this thread and not too much “shit music for cunts”.

Poor guy.

17 Likes

Yeah not sure I can ride the glee train when its in regards to someone’s personal issues

6 Likes

Hope he alright, would seem a big deal to make a statement like this when they could easily go on a couple of year break an no one would question such are album cycles these days.

The mutual consent part made me think of a manager in the relegation zone though

2 Likes

The non-existent train, you mean?

1 Like

Poor bloke. Huge decision for a band. Hope he pulls through okay.

1 Like

I hope her gets the help he needs.
A friends band supported kasabian at a gig in brighton about 10 years ago and we met Tom, couldn’t have been a more friendly and lovely guy.

5 Likes

Got dragged along to see Serge’s solo project last year and it was actually brilliant, he’s a really good frontman. Can probably see them just getting a bass player in and him doing all the vocals/“c’mon then” posturing.

I saw this didn’t see Mike Joyce liking it. I didn’t get the joke if I’m honest.

Blew too many roofs off. Not a fan (liked the first album) but hope he sorts himself out.

Feels a bit weird for people to be dunking on them if he’s going to rehab/therapy or whatever. Probably my least favourite band but they must’ve been going almost 20 years, a good while by any stretch.

2 Likes

there are more posts about not dunking on them that there are anything else in this thread.

I was elected to lead not to read

20 Likes

Your first paragraph would be true at any point, but particularly at the moment where no-one’s going to be doing much for the foreseeable.

Hope he’s alright. Not my favourite band by any stretch and I enjoy the roof gags on here, but they’re a better band than they’re given credit for (first couple of albums anyway)

3 Likes

Sad news. Tom was a regular guest on the BBC Leicester City podcast for a long while and seemed lovely, he disappeared a while ago and I was wondering what happened.

My mate supported Kasabian years ago just as he was getting into music and him and Serge were SO friendly to him, texted each other for a while after giving advice on the industry and stuff like that. They seem like good lads.

Banger after banger too, ofc.

3 Likes

POTW nomination.