Kathryn Joseph

Folks, we really should be talking more about how bloody fantastic her latest album is. It’s bloody fantastic.

6 Likes

Yes we should.

1 Like

It’s also led me back to the Out Lines album from last year, which was also bloody fantastic. And also a good touchstone for the direction of this latest album.

2 Likes

Oh yes, still album of the year for me. Hoping for some bigger and more extensive tour dates next year. But wow wish I could get to see her supporting Low this month. That has to be gig of the year for me.

AOTY. Be surprised if it changes.

Amazing live performer too; saw her at The Cure’s Hyde Park gig and she managed to make a corner of a large festival feel like the whole thing was happening in someone’s living room.

1 Like

Feel a little silly for not getting tickets to see her play the album in its entirety not so long ago :frowning:

Hmmm. I can’t do that Joanna Newsom-y voice of hers. It’s a shame though as I quite like the music itself.

1 Like

Dunno if this is the latest thread but some November dates announeced.

Including Glasgow @japes @cutthelights

1 Like

november? that’s ages

Generally sells out in Glasgow though

New single out today.

2 Likes

Lovely.

Went to a Q&A with her over the summer where she mentioned she tends to write new music incredibly slowly so I wasn’t expecting anything new for a while

She’s stepping in for BC Camplight pulling out, due illness, a couple of weeks ago in Aberdeen. Wish I could’ve gone. So need to see her live at some point

1 Like

Ridiculous that this thread hasn’t got much comments. Just listened to From When I Wake… again… Jees what an album! Every song is as good if not better than the last. Utter class

6 Likes

‘We Have Been Loved By Our Mothers’ absolutely breaks my heart every time I hear it. Such an incredible album.

4 Likes

She’s very good. Hope this means something new is on the way.

I don’t even keep track of which songs I like best or even what song is on, the whole thing is just unreal from start to finish

1 Like

That’s probably my favourite thing on there but it’s all very very good.

1 Like

New single ‘Whole’ came out yesterday, I think

Edit: