Ketchup (red sauce)

It’s ok. Not bad with chips sometimes but not as good as mayo. Not bad in a sausage/bacon sandwich but not as good as brown sauce. Not bad in a burger but not quite as good as BBQ sauce. Ketchup=fine. Some people really fucking love it though don’t they! What’s the verdict?

2 Likes

meh

8 Likes

Best out of the condiments for me, hate Mayo and BBQ has its limits.

4 Likes

Probably the optimum sauce for a bacon sarnie.

Fine in other situations, if there’s no alternative - eg, with a burger, chips, etc - but there’s usually a better sauce available.

Bit too sweet and don’t often love sweet and savoury together

Fan.

Preferred sauce in a bacon/sausage sandwich, preferred dip for nugs, excellent in a burger. Other sauces good options but ketchup is my main man. Always preferred for chips but at Five Guys I’l go half and half with the mayo as that mayo is unbelievable stuff.

sauce on a bacon sannie - fuck no.

1 Like

You’re saying “no sauce”?

1 Like

I eat a lot of ketchup, sometimes with a side of fries

2 Likes

that’s what am sayin

2 Likes

Blimey.

2 Likes

I enjoy Ketchup.

I enjoy luminous kebab shop Ketchup.
I enjoy Heinz ketchup
I enjoy wanky Ketchup by the Tiptree jam company.

Thanks

1 Like

It’s good. Can’t understand people that hold brown sauce (the worst of the sauces) in the same regard as ketchup. There’s no contest!

1 Like

Ketchup and fries are pretty great. Ketchup and thick chips, kind of not. Now airline peanuts, that’s another story.

2 Likes

I don’t really want to be banned for posting this in the ketchup thread but this is the greatest brown sauce known in the explored universe

nice imo

Brown sauce will have it’s own thread but thank you for this valuable contribution.

Nice on a burgy or an egg sandwich sometimes
Ok on chips if there’s no mayo
That’s about it

1 Like

Yeah fair enough. Thought this might be a bit of a taboo contribution :+1:

1 Like

Makes me feel queasy thinking about it.

1 Like