Kidderminster Market Tavern

Bit of a long shot this, but I’m helping a friend write his book on the Kidderminster Market Tavern. The sadly defunct, sort-of-iconic, definitely unhygienic, Midlands music venue. For a brief, weird period in the nineties, it played host to some pretty big bands in the back room of a biker bar that had actual cows looking at you when you went to the lavs.

There must be a few of you more senior West Midland Dissers, who went there? Anyone?

Im from Kidderminster but I’ve never heard of it. Sounds interesting though! I hope it goes well.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate it was a very long time ago. It got knocked down to make way for the Magistrate’s Court round the back of the Severn Valley station on the way to the Aggborough. Looking at the receipts, Radiohead played to 72 people at £2.50 a head.

1 Like

That’s cool. Just looking at setlist FM and they had Slowdive and Echo & The Bunnymen too! I moved away when I was 11 and would have been 3 years old when Radiohead played so no surprise I’ve not heard of it. Hope you find some stories though.

1 Like