King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Noice; only their 17th studio album … 2nd this year and it’s still only mid-Feb! Wonder if they are looking to beat their 2017 record! The Aussie slackers …

New album out today - really enjoying it!

These two woodshed albums they’ve put out this year have both been a real treat

Really excited to see them play tonight (with Tropical Fuck Storm) first gig for me for pretty much a year

1 Like

:weary:

5 Likes

Yeah the last two albums have been really decent! Like a real midpoint between Microtonal Banana and Polygondwanaland. Some terrific grooves on both.

Hope you enjoyed the show. Dead jealous obviously!

1 Like

Gig was awesome! Didn’t really fully realise how much I missed live music

TFS were super - and Gizz set was predominantly the recent albums as expected, very good indeed!

This shot shows the socially distanced ‘pod’ setup - worked really well (got Avalanches there soon as well!

6 Likes
3 Likes

depressing for us in Europe that Australian bands are already releasing Live in 2021 albums :frowning:

2 Likes

You can watch the show as well

2 Likes
2 Likes

Out on bandcamp now!

2 Likes

Having a great time with this. I like them in a major key

3 Likes

Me too! Think it might be one of my favourites from King Gizz in a while! Enjoyed KG and LW too but with Butterfly 3000 I keep on sticking it on again as soon as it’s finished. It’s very addictive!

2 Likes

I agree. It sounds a bit like Tame impala which in this case is a good thing.

1 Like

Yeah I can hear that too! But also a bit like Black Moth Super Rainbow / Tobacco also - again a good thing imo.

On it’s way to being my favourite album they’ve ever done tbh, easily the best since Nonagon Infinity / the first microtonal one

1 Like

Yeah, instant classic

It’s really great! Really growing on me, and I can see it as something I’ll put on both as background/working music and as something I’m actively listening to.

Really opens up on headphones too, I find the vocals fade away a bit through (good!) speakers, but through headphones they’re a lot clearer.

not as into Butterfly as most people seem to be but nice to see it going down well

need to go back to LW from earlier in the year as i remember it being quite good

1 Like
1 Like